We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

escape from Nairobi

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester
reviews: 22
escape from Nairobi

My friends will be in Nairobi in Feb for a wedding - they have then got Tues - Fri with nothng to do and are not fond of cities- can anyone recommend a short break - maybe to see some wildlife - web-sites would be useful ThanksX

Balmain, Australia
reviews: 30
11. Re: escape from Nairobi

Lets Go Travel or Bunsons Travel both in Nairobi (both have websites) are a good start... one of my favourite places to go in the Mara is Kicheche ... a very low key and natural tented camp (and very comfy!) and away from the big Mara mini bus crowds which I have to say is a great thing

http://www.kicheche.com/

I've heard that Air Kenya have gone bust so don't know who is flying to the Mara now ... I'm sure some operator has replaced them.

Manchester
reviews: 22
12. Re: escape from Nairobi

Thank you - I will pass this info on, my friend hasn't booked anything yet...so she may like the not so touristy option you mentioned.

Carmel, California
reviews: 11
13. Re: escape from Nairobi

lifestooshort,

When did Air Kenya go bust? I flew them in late November. We also stayed at Kicheche and enjoyed the camp but felt that the game viewing was better inside the reserve (though that could be a factor of time of year). In late November, we didn't find crowding to be a problem anywhere in the Mara.