We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

escape from Nairobi

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester
Level Contributor
30 posts
24 reviews
escape from Nairobi

My friends will be in Nairobi in Feb for a wedding - they have then got Tues - Fri with nothng to do and are not fond of cities- can anyone recommend a short break - maybe to see some wildlife - web-sites would be useful ThanksX

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
83 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: escape from Nairobi

Hi i can recommend, Two night / 3 day safari on the Masai Mara. there are daily flights (morning about 11am and afternoon around 4pm i think) book through the Serena for a good deal if they are staying there, if not Bunson Travel. incidently im getting married in Nairobi in Feb! so if they are comming to my wedding I'll point them in the right direction..cheers!

Manchester
Level Contributor
30 posts
24 reviews
2. Re: escape from Nairobi

Thank you! I'll pass this on..They're not coming to your wedding, but congrats and hope all goes well.

3. Re: escape from Nairobi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:39 am, February 17, 2006
berlin
4 posts
4. Re: escape from Nairobi

Hi there.

I will be four days in Nairobi.

which is the most recomendable safari taking into account that I arrive at 10am sunday and I have to leave at 8pm thrusday?

thanks

Minesota
Level Contributor
44 posts
5. Re: escape from Nairobi

Maasai mara for three days will be ideal. Leave at 3.00pm Nairobi Maasai Mara on sunday and return on at 12.00 pm Thursaday or 3.00 pm on Wednesday.

berlin
4 posts
6. Re: escape from Nairobi

hallo themigration

thanks a lot.

do you think for this three days 225 dolars is a normal price?

(normal tent, no luxury or whatever)

thanks again.

jose from Berlin

Hythe, United...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
72 reviews
7. Re: escape from Nairobi

Hi Jose,

Stay well clear of someone who is offering 3 days in the Masai Mara for 225 dollars. I think this could be a walking safari from Nairobi staying in a Masai Village. Good accommodation should cost you that a day with your flight on top of that.

Minesota
Level Contributor
44 posts
8. Re: escape from Nairobi

Hi Jose,

Bruce has already answered your question.

A flying safari from Nairobi for two nights should cost you between $600 and 800 depending on accomodation.

berlin
4 posts
9. Re: escape from Nairobi

Hi guys,

Many many Thanks for your help.

Jose

berlin
4 posts
10. Re: escape from Nairobi

Again me,

The most exciting traveling of my life has already began. I am finding out things just with internet. So exciting.

It is worderfull to be helped by someone somewhere on the earth, not knowing exactly from where.

Ok that was perhaps a bit philosofical.

thanks again.

Jose