We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Boulevard a bust!

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary Canada
Hotel Boulevard a bust!

As a frequent visitor to Nairobi leading tour groups, I have now decided to avoid the Hotel Boulevard completely. It badly needs refurbishment, the management has no idea how to run a professional hotel, and they treat their Kenyan staff very shabbily. The crowning touch was on January 27/2006 when my group was among 40 people who despite having confirmed bookings were bumped by a Kenya Airways flight cancellation. My clients were sent to very sub-standard hotels. The Boulevard hotel has great potential, but the current owners (also owners of the Hotel 680) seem bent on running it into the ground. I recommend travellers avoid the Boulevard at all costs!

Gloucestershire
reviews: 2
1. Re: Hotel Boulevard a bust!

Hi - my son's tour has offered to book him into this hotel, but after reading about your experience, would like to book him in elsewhere. Can you recommend a good hotel that is not too far away from the Boulevard?

With thanks,

K. Beetson

Calgary Canada
2. Re: Hotel Boulevard a bust!

To Wellworthit;

I have moved my business to the Nairobi Safari Club which is about three blocks up the street from the Boulevard on University Way. I just returned from Nairobi on Tuesday night and have been staying there since my Boulevard experience. It is a suite hotel, slightly old and fraying but a fair price, good food, and excellent service. All of my groups will go here from now on. Hope this helps.

Gloucestershire
reviews: 2
3. Re: Hotel Boulevard a bust!

Dear Kubwasana,

Thank you v. much for answering my query so quickly. I will look up this hotel and I am so grateful to you for your help.

Qualicum Beach...
reviews: 69
4. Re: Hotel Boulevard a bust!

I am going to be in Nairobi in Sept. My agent DID warn me away from Hotel Boulevard, but suggested the Kenya Comfort Inn. What are your thoughts on this place??

Qualicum Beach...
5. Re: Hotel Boulevard a bust!

I will be in Nairobi in Sept. My agent already warned me away from Hotel Boulevard, but has suggested the Kenya Comfort Inn. What are your thoughts on that?

dorset england
reviews: 24
6. Re: Hotel Boulevard a bust!

i stayed at the boulevard 3 weeks ago,and thought it was fine.reasonable price staff very polite,i would have reccomended it but perhaps i was lucky.daveyk

Canada
7. Re: Hotel Boulevard a bust!

The Kenya Comfort Hotel is very reasonable in price and perfectly adequate, as long as you don't need air conditioning. It does generally cool off in Nairobi at night, but you need to keep the windows open and so have noise from the street, as well as letting insects get in.

Qualicum Beach...
8. Re: Hotel Boulevard a bust!

Well since I will be sleeping outdoors for the remaining 4 weeks, I figure I better get used to no air conditioning and lots of bugs! I am not looking for a luxury vacation, but rather something of the REAL Africa....as much as one can on an organized tour anyway. Thanks for the response. :)

London, United...
reviews: 13
9. Re: Hotel Boulevard a bust!

the Oakwood Hotel is a good call. It is on Kimathi Street, almost directly opposite The Stanley and the Staff are very Helpful and the price is a good one for what you get