We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sardius tours or Skyview of Africa

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wynnewood...
reviews: 1
Sardius tours or Skyview of Africa

We are looking into booking an East Africa safari in Tanzania and Kenya in September and we are considering Sardius Tours or Skyview of Africa as the tour operator. Does anyone have any recent experience with either of these tour operators? Is there another tour operator that provides mid range expense tours that you can recommend?

Marysvale, Utah
reviews: 2
1. Re: Sardius tours or Skyview of Africa

You might want to check the post that I just made titled Kairi Tours and Safaris. I won't go into a lot of detail here since I believe my post says it all. And there was one thing that I did not mention. After checking many companies, Kairi was extremely reasonable and they have been around for almost thirty years. Logic says that a company just can't stay in business that long unless they are providing a quality service. I hope that they can help you as efficiently as they helped me.

London
reviews: 1
2. Re: Sardius tours or Skyview of Africa

Please refer to your other post for my comment about Skyview of Africa. My husband and I booked a trip with them and they are quite professional. I highly recommend them.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
3. Re: Sardius tours or Skyview of Africa

plz be-careful from this company with the name of Sardius Tours owned by Thomas of flex what ever his name he make our safari to the hell this is my fifth safari to kenya and this is first time i went with this very bad company

from two month ago he said that all the hotels are reserved ok and when we arrived i give him all the money from the first day

and i shocked he did not pay for the hotels and not all of them are ok

i did one of my worst workshops for photographers ever

he did not pay for the drivers

he did not pay for the fuel

he did not pay for the park fees

every time we should wait him to send money by phone then we can enter the park

the same problem happen to us in each hotel he did not respond to the hotel call untill the time we should leave then the hotel hold us about two to three hours just waiting him to pay

and each time he tells a story about the hotels

u can ask mara serena or sarova in nakuru or mara lusure camp in mara about what he did for the group from kuwait and i am a famous photographer doing work shop and this is my website just to ensure that this story is real

the big thing that i select this company is his low price then i surprise that he was laying on the hotels and reserve rooms for us as residents of Kenya and not as Tourist i also paid 560 dollar in nakuru just to release us and tell now he did not send it to me also the drivers did not tell now paid

so plz don't deal with him

Chicago, Illinois
4. Re: Sardius tours or Skyview of Africa

We had exact same experience with Sardius tours as majedphotoes. If you have received any contacts from below mentioned people or websites then stay away. They are one and the same.

Sardius Tours

Kenya Group Safaries

tours@magicalkenya.co.ke

Thomas Mutha/Felix Nunda/Jaffe

Below are some of the things we faced, pretty much same as review above.

One of the lodges would not allow us to check out because he had not paid and other one would not let us check in. I had to pay for these hotels from my own pocket. We even paid for some of the park entrance fees. None of the drivers were paid, not even money for fuel. When we went from Kenya to Tanzania, he made sure that Tanzanian driver got there 5 hours late making us wait at the border. They did this so that we would not reach our lodge and had to stay in some cheap hotel instead of expensive lodge that we had agreed upon. And I had to pay for this hotel from my own pocket.

We had enough of this and were not even sure about our safety so last couple of day we decided to hire some other company to finish our trip. When I told sardius that we are not going to continue with them, they told me that I have caused them inconvenience and they will not pay me money that I paid from my pocket.

You will feel their prices are cheap but all you will buy is a headache.

I do remember asking Thomas (probably not real name) about bad reviews we had found which mentioned exact same tactics, and he replied saying its just a difference of opinions. You decide.

I am willing to bet anyone that all the good reviews you see online are fake. I have even tried calling and emailing people who had their number on their reviews and guess what all emails failed and phone numbers were not even valid. Unfortunately for us we decided to give them a chance as we had already paid them deposit. I would say, cancel your trip even you have paid them deposit.

If you do not believe this review then just call Rhino Lodge in Ngorongoro and ask them about Shirish Mehta. They have even told Sardius driver (Emmanualle) not to come back to their lodge.

Rip off is putting it very mildly. Sardius tours is a big con shop.

Please do yourself a favor and stay away.

Nairobi, Kenya
5. Re: Sardius tours or Skyview of Africa

Also check Anste tours and travel,they are nice with a very friendly budget.

kenya
6. Re: Sardius tours or Skyview of Africa

I would advise the readers and would be travellers to kenya to be much wary of some quotes they would get on their Safari enquiries.Some are quite fake and unrealistic no matter how much budget you wish to spend.It is so sad to read about such reviews when you probably left a standard price quote which was honest to a cheaper quote that turns expensive in the end.Every quote is worthy considering but requires a careful decision to choose which one to go by.

This is a company that is not worthy operating tours as is tarnishing the image ok kenyan local tour operators.

Am really sorry for this experience you had brother but next next time better pay expensive and have a memorable experience of a lifetime.

Thanks

mombasa
reviews: 17
7. Re: Sardius tours or Skyview of Africa

simply avoid any tour operator who is not a KATO Member, Kenya Association of Tour Operators www.kato.org if any misfortune happens you are on your own if it is a non member operator. well if you always buy price then be prepared for nasty surprises. if someone can vouch for a non KATO member then you may also take a call based on that.

8. Re: Sardius tours or Skyview of Africa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 15, 2013