We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lamu

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
geneva,switzerland
reviews: 17
lamu

Hello, I would like to go to Lamu. Please could you advise me for a good place with children

Mombasa
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Tsavo National Park East
reviews: 40
1. Re: lamu

there are the Lamu Palace or the Pettlys Inn

Ellesmere Port...
2. Re: lamu

While in Lamu in July 05 I stayed in the Causerina.

You can get a decent family size room (double bed + single bed) in the Causerina hotel, with a beach view for about 600KSh (£5).

The room will include a ceiling fan and mosquito nets, but not an en-suite shower & toilet.

These are in the adjacent room.

Mohammed the manager will try to charge you about 1000Ksh, but if you tell him you are staying for a few nights, and are willing to pay in advance for all of the nights (ie pay upfront for 4 nights) that will help bring the price down.

If you go, tell him "Kamau" the Mzungu says hi! - In fact tell him I recommended the hotel to you, it might help bring the price down as well, as I gave him several shirts and T shirts that I didn't need anymore.

On a general point, don't bother paying for a walking tour of Lamu town, it's not worth it, you will get as much information walking round the town yourself and saying Hujambo to the locals!

When are you going to Lamu? I can give you names of people to speak to make your stay more enjoyable - or people to avoid!!

Hong Kong, China
reviews: 29
3. Re: lamu

Hello, stay at Pepponi Hotel, the owners Carol and Lars have grown up with childs and Margo the Manager used to be a school teacher , everynody love childs at Pepponi and your childs will love Pepponi- Just was there in Christmas and we was sad to leave...