We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get cheap flights to Lamu island from Nairobi

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Austin
How to get cheap flights to Lamu island from Nairobi

We want to fly to Lamu but tickets purchased outside Kenya are very expensive. Does anyone know a reputable travel agent in Nairobi where we could purchase the tickets? Thanks, AC

Mombasa
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Tsavo National Park East
reviews: 43
1. Re: How to get cheap flights to Lamu island from Nairobi

when you book them online??

www.kenya-airways.com ?

you pay the normal local fare??

Austin
2. Re: How to get cheap flights to Lamu island from Nairobi

We will be flying from Nairobi. I have sent inquiries to several sites but not many responses. Yes, would use Kenya Airlines.

Kolb��ck
3. Re: How to get cheap flights to Lamu island from Nairobi

Hello Sunshine,

Kenya Airways and Air Kenya fly to Lamu from Nairobi. Both cost $270 return. You can purchase the tickets on their websites. Reputable travel agents in Nairobi will charge you the same. I'm afraid there aren't any cheap alternatives. I'd be very happy and grateful to be told I'm wrong.

Austin
4. Re: How to get cheap flights to Lamu island from Nairobi

Thanks for your help. We have found that price as well which is fine. It is also at a site called Safari Link (there are several, its the one about flights) but I think we'll do the airlines. Happy travels!

Ellesmere Port...
5. Re: How to get cheap flights to Lamu island from Nairobi

Hi Sunshine,

Can't you purchase tickets from the air line office in Nairobi? Either in the City Centre, or at Jomo Kenyatta airport?

Regards,

Brad