We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short Term Apartment Recommendations

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Accra, Ghana
Short Term Apartment Recommendations

Hi there,

I am travelling to Nairobi for 16 nights, in October 2010, and currently looking for recommendations for serviced/ furnished short term apartments within the Westlands, Lavington, Kilimani or Hurlingham area.

Budget is between Kshs 3500 to Kshs 4,500 per day, or a maximum of Kshs 70,000 for the entire duration of the stay.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Cheers,

Martin

22 replies to this topic
uk
reviews: 1
1. Re: Short Term Apartment Recommendations

you could try kahama hotel i belive thats near westlands room with breakfsat 3100ksh per night

2. Re: Short Term Apartment Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:05 am, June 21, 2011

Texas
reviews: 7
3. Re: Short Term Apartment Recommendations

I hope you found good accomodations. To anyone reading this thread, I encourage you to not accept ORETITI APARTMENTS on Vanga Road (Lavington area), unless you would like to pay Ksh 21,000 a week and prefer bathing and conducting your toilet out of buckets. We've been out of water for more than a day, and the management simply shrugs its lazy shoulders. I had better sanitation in the Mara.

Cheers!

Lilongwe
4. Re: Short Term Apartment Recommendations

You could also try Mimosa court, Woodmere . Good furnished apartments are found around Hurlingham and Dennis prit road. Westlands has mostly Indian owned/oriented apartments with some restrictions i.e non Vegs not allowed. I was suprised to read an advert inat a local mall reading "furnished apartment to let, tentant MUST be Indian"

Try Kileleshwa as well.

Naivasha, Kenya
reviews: 2
5. Re: Short Term Apartment Recommendations

Have stayed at Arrow Apartments off Bishops Rd (nr. Fairview). they were quite comfortable & secure one bed self catering. Was a few years ago. Don't know how they are now.

Consider YMCA - very central, basic but comfortable, or Methodist Guest House, in Kileleshwa\lavington area.

6. Re: Short Term Apartment Recommendations

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:05 am, June 21, 2011

7. Re: Short Term Apartment Recommendations

Removed on: 11:07 am, June 21, 2011

Naivasha, Kenya
8. Re: Short Term Apartment Recommendations

Kilonzi,

Having thought about this, the many serviced apartments would require you to sign for a minimum stay of 1 month, for economic reasons.

We used to get an apartment, when we visited Kenya (prior to moving), but it was a real struggle to find a place that would let for less than a month.

Nairobi, Kenya
9. Re: Short Term Apartment Recommendations

I beg to differ i know of guest houses that will let out houses for a week at a time or half monthly, and at fair prices approximately 7,000 per day

Naivasha, Kenya
10. Re: Short Term Apartment Recommendations

Well, thats great if places are available for short lets.

Am only relating my own experiences and it is some time since we looked for a place.

Ksh 7000 per day is 210, 000 per month. Really quite expensive, I would have thought - at least double the cost of renting an apartment.

Reply to: Short Term Apartment Recommendations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted