We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safari with "Jocky Tours and Safaris"

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Moscow, Russia
reviews: 2
Safari with "Jocky Tours and Safaris"

Has anyone booked a safari in Kenya or Tanzania with "Jocky Tours and Safaris" http://jockytours.com

Would be very interested to read any information - good or bad about this company...

Edited: 3:04 pm, July 30, 2010
UK
reviews: 11
1. Re: Safari with "Jocky Tours and Safaris"

Recently came back from a tour with this company booked from the UK. a bit worried to begin with transfering money etc, However once we arrived everything went fine as promised. The vehicle was OK not the absolute best but more than up for the Job the driver was good (nathanial). Just check what accomadation they are booking you in. Not a problem you can specify were to stay. Make sure you get an confirm what you are doing as they are a bit lax at giving you the itinarary. Would use again. and the price is OK

Edited: 3:57 pm, September 19, 2010
Moscow, Russia
2. Re: Safari with "Jocky Tours and Safaris"

Hello!

Thank you for the reply. It's the first review about Jocky Tours I've seen. Hope that all would be ok with my trip.

Thank you again.

Regards, Oleg.

Toronto, Canada
3. Re: Safari with "Jocky Tours and Safaris"

Just came from a tour to masai mara arranged by jocky tours.

meals are terrible. too many people in one van can't check animals properly.On a our way back we were put into a broken van that drives only maximum 30 kilometers per hour.

Driver wachira was a bit ok but always on his cellphone while driving.

Moscow, Russia
4. Re: Safari with "Jocky Tours and Safaris"

Just came back from the safari which was organized by Jocky Tours and Safaris. I've booked the trip by email from Moscow, payed only 30% in advance and the price was more than reasonable.

I want to express one's thanks to this company. All was amazing and according my programm. Nine days in Kenya was like a dream.

I highly recommend this company.

They help me to decide some problems (Egypr Air delayed flight and lost my luggage). Our guide and driver Nathaniel was matchless - we've seen many intresting places and a lot of animals.

Next time I'll go to safari with Jocky Tours again, I'm completely satisfied.

Thank you Minneh, Nathaniel and Jocky Tours.

Oleg, Moscow, Russia.

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
reviews: 4
5. Re: Safari with "Jocky Tours and Safaris"

Caveat emptor. . .

Richard

Newcastle upon...
6. Re: Safari with "Jocky Tours and Safaris"

My girlfriend and me went on a 3 day Maasai Mara safari with Jocky tours. It was brilliant. We weren't sure whether we wanted to go or not - but we were so glad we did.

Walking around Nairobi we met Tito, a tout who wears a leather cowboy hat. He took us to the Jocky Tours office where a really helpful lady, Minneh described what was on offer. I think we also met the elusive Jocky who was sitting in the corner of the room! We decided an itinerary and arranged to get picked up the next day.

The safari was great. Just as described. Driver was good/safe/friendly and accommodation & food were good, just what we were expecting. Saw lots of animals, everything on offer bar leopard and rhino. So many lions!!!

Thoroughly recommend the company and visiting the National Park.

Vienna
reviews: 112
7. Re: Safari with "Jocky Tours and Safaris"

I also can confirm that Jockytours performs excellent Safari tours. We did a 8 days roundtrip through 5 NPs, lots of game drives. Everythng was great.

Minneh did a great job organizing the roundtrip (communication by email). Nathaniel was our driver - we were always very happy with him.

High recommendation for that company!

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 14
8. Re: Safari with "Jocky Tours and Safaris"

Good experience although they changed my itinerary without me knowing until I got there. Also, their van kept breaking down while we were in Kenya. The old saying applies here, you get what you paid for!

9. Re: Safari with "Jocky Tours and Safaris"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12:32 am, March 11, 2013
10. Re: Safari with "Jocky Tours and Safaris"

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12:33 am, March 11, 2013