We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Natural Track Safari's

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Alberta Canada
reviews: 18
Natural Track Safari's

Natural Track Safari:

May 2010

My family and I (with 7 and & 6 year old) booked our Kenyan safari with Natural Track Safari (office in Nairobi). Elizabeth our booking agent with the company was very helpful putting together our 10-day safari itinerary. She was readily available to answer our questions and arranged early mornings pick up and drop off at the airport. She catered to our needs and her friendly and cooperative customer service was appreciated.

On a 10-day safari you really get to know your tour guide. From early morning drives to afternoon drives through the parks, you have lots of time to get to know each other. Our guide, James, was outstanding! He was there for our 3:30am arrival and our 4:30am departure. He always ensured we were safe and enjoying the trip along the way. He was a veteran (15 years experience) tour guide, so his knowledge of the area was impeccable. He was very patient with our children and made sure the tour met their needs as well. He provided informative stories of the area and gave us a good understanding the history of Kenya and it’s people.

Natural Track Safari arranged some incredible accommodations during our 10-day Safari. The tented camps were very luxurious for staying in tents. The accommodations really fitted our family needs and some lodges brought nature very close to where we staying. Going to the “Carnivore Restaurant” will be something we all will always remember and it was a great way to complete our tour in Kenya. The food was incredible, even though it was secondary to the astonishing animals we saw during the safari.

Really, what made our safari amazing were the animals, birds, creatures and distinctive vegetation we encountered during our tour. Elizabeth, James and Simon really did an outstanding job to make our Kenyan adventure an incredible one. We would recommend Natural Track Safari to anyone who wants to tour the area.

44 replies to this topic
Scotland
reviews: 6
21. Re: Natural Track Safari's

In January 2012 my husband and I took a 6 night 7 day safari with Natural Track. TBH I was a bit anxious as all the arrangements had been done by email but I needn't have worried. Peter and his team organised a perfect trip for us with excellent accommodation. We particularly liked the tented camps at Sweetwaters and Nakuru - watching the sun rise over Mount Kenya from our tent in Sweetwaters will be an abiding memory. Our guide Charles was really knowledgeable - not just about the wildlife but about Kenyan history and culture and he had a brilliant sense of humour too. He found us a sleeping leopard so we were able to tick off the Big Five - we saw thousands of animals and Charles gave us all sorts of information about their different behaviours - our own private Attenborough!

I would recommend Natural Track to anyone - the safaris are tailored to what you want (ours included a hike up to the Menegai crater) and private so you can go at your own pace.

Asante sana Peter and Charles!

Whakatane, New...
reviews: 11
22. Re: Natural Track Safari's

I too wish to add my endorsement for Natural Track Safaris.

My friend and I have just come off a four day Safari. Everything was very professional and ensured a great trip. Our agent, Jackline, was very helpful in answering our many emails and both she and our driver/guide, Michael, met us at the airport. They had no objection to taking us into the city to leave our laptops at the office for safe keeping.

Michael was very friendly and knowledgable about the animals. He was patient with our many 'stop' requests to take photos and went out of his way to find as many elusive animals as possible. He oven took us to a local bar on the edge of the Marra.

We choose the budget 'camping' option but what we got was much better than we had anticipated - the first night we stayed in a room and the second two were in a tented camp (all with hot water!).

As the Safari was private we had plenty of room in the van and could move about as we wished. It also meant Michael could cater to our requests easily.

Titas, our cook, feed us extremely well.

All in all, I have absolutely no complaints and would highly recommend Natural Track Safaris to anyone.

My only regret is that, when given the option on day three, we choose to have breakfast before heading into the Marra. Had we gone earlier we would have seen a pride of lion killing a water buffalo, rather than just eating it (still pretty impressive).

23. Re: Natural Track Safari's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:05 am, May 02, 2012

St. Catharines...
24. Re: Natural Track Safari's

August 4, 2012

My family has recently returned home from an 8 day safari with Natural Track Safari's. Although I use Tripadvisor extensively when planning a trip I have never felt such a strong desire to post an endorsement of a company until now.

I could make this an incredibly long post and detail every wonderful moment, however the information readers need is this. From my first email to Peter to being dropped off for our return flight home the trip was flawless. This company delivered everything they promised and more. The moment they recieved each money wire transfer I recieved a confirmation email along with a receipt, everything was done very professionally. I cannot say enough about the adventure or the treatment we recieved. If you are considering a safari and using Natual Track Safari's you will ensure yourselves a wonderful experience.

Muscat, Oman
reviews: 9
25. Re: Natural Track Safari's

I absolutely agree with this report. Two years back we went on safari with Natural Track Safari, and this year we decided to go AGAIN with them on safari . I'll keep you posted after out round in Africa scheduled in October. But already, I can tell you that NTS are pro's...

regards

Philippe

Montreal, Canada
reviews: 13
26. Re: Natural Track Safari's

Hello,

We booked a 14 day safari with this agency this August and everything went great. It's a small company, only few vehicles, but they have very experienced drivers, guides and trip planners. We're glad we selected them and we would do the same thing again. When you book with larger companies, you often become a number and we never felt that way with them.

This was our second safari, so we knew exactly what type of trip we wanted. This is why we booked a private safari, which was cheaper then a group safari booked at home. We were only 3, me, my wife and our 9 year old kid. The main advantage is that you can truly set the pace of the trip, the type of hotels/lodges you want, select the parks you want, etc. They were truly helpful in suggesting hotels and itineraries based on our requests and they were really quick to give us feedback. We talked with them using Skype, which gave us more confidence. We also didn't see any bad review, which helped us in our selection.

Now the trip !

Amboseli.

We stayed there for two nights. August was apparently the best time for elephants and we saw a lot ! Temperature was rather warm and enjoyable. We came back with several good shots elephants and giraffes with the Kilimanjaro in the back scene. We went to the Sopa hotel, which we highly recommend. Expect 4* for good service and facilities.

Mt Kenya Lodge

Possibly the best food we've had during the trip, one of the rare lodge we've been to that served a la carte meals. Very old wooden hotel with a great view of a waterhole. This is a sit in safari. You just go on your balcony. Fun for one night, nice rooms but small and noisy.

Sweetwaters Tented Camp

Very nice facilities. You'll see a lot of animal directly from your luxury tent. Better than expected, we stayed two nights there and saw a lot of rhinos, lions, elephants, etc. Most people stay one night but if you travel with a kid staying there two nights and enjoying the view from your tent while relaxing was well worth it.

Lake Nakuru National Park

There again we spent two nights. By doing so you can go deeper into the park where most people don't go. The main attraction is the lake for the flamingos, but August is not the best month for this as the lake is too high and the flamingos are elsewhere. Nevertheless, I got my best zebras pictures there, nice birds shots, lions, leopards, etc. It's also very different from the other parks we went to because there are a lot more trees. The hotel was the Flamingo Hills Tented camp. Not as luxurious as the Sweetwaters, the food and the view were also average. However, the tents were comfortable ans the staff very friendly. Good for the price we paid but not the best place.

Lake Baringo

We were totally off the beaten tracks there. Most people don't go there as this is about 3 hr north of Nakuru and away from the main tourists routes. The hotel was the Soi Safari lodge, which is right next to a local village. We did a boat tour and a walking tour to see how people live and see snakes and scorpions. Both were very enjoyable and the lake itself is very nice, packed with birds, hippos and few small crocs (2m max size). The hotel is 2* at most and the food just ok. Besides us, there were 3-4 Germans and the other guests were from a Nairobi church mission. I'd recommend this place if you want to get out of luxury and get a better contact with local people. One night was enough but overall it was worth it.

Lake Naivasha and Hells Gate National Park

We were pleasantly surprised by the hotel there, we went to the Sopa Lodge. The setting is fabulous. Each bungalow has 4 rooms, all of which have views of animals walking in the field in front of them. You can go outside and walk near wild waterbucks, giraffes, etc. At night (after dinner), hippos are coming our and are walking on the same grass. We had to go back to our room with some security folks because there was an hippos eating some grass right next to our door. Was saw like 5 walking only few meters away from the room. I think it was fairly safe otherwise they would shut down the place since they come out every night apparently. Awesome experience overall. Food was good and since there is a lot of people, the buffet selection was quite large. We then did a walking tour of a small canyon in the National park with one of Natural Track guide. It was really worth the time but you need to be a bit in shape. Our 9 year old did it but there is a bit of climbing and walking in the mud to do (nothing close to being an athlete is required).

Masai Mara

We ended the trip in Masai Mara, which is the most visited park in the country. All the roads are paved in Kenya between the parks listed above, however, there is a very bad stretch of road to reach masai mara, probably 3 hours of pain, each way. We selected the Ashnil tented camp as it was located right next to the Mara river, where the Wildebeest and Zebras crossing occur during the migration. Our driver told us it wouldn't be the best location outside of the crossing season (beginning of August), however, it went great for us. We saw several leopards, lions and were lucky enough to see the crossing itself with few crocs in action. The tented camp installations were great with huge tents, a king bed and a spotless bathroom.

Our driver Michael did a great job. He was always in contact with other drivers to find animals and to show us the best of each park. He was also a friendly guy with lots of stories. I'm sure he'll get some more tourist stories after the 2 weeks we spent with him.

We wish this small company the best of luck in the future and hope other people experience as much enjoyment as we did. It truly was a great experience for all 3 of us.

Frank,

Montreal, Canada

Fort Langley, Canada
27. Re: Natural Track Safari's

Jambo to everyone.

I went through Natural Tracks as they were recommended to me by others. I loved the way we were taken care of right from the beginning to the very end.

Our driver (Charles) was wonderful and very knowledgeable about everything. He was very respectful about getting too close to the animals (unlike other vans)

We only had three days but it was enough for myself and my daughter as we stayed in Kenya for another month working in the schools around Ol Pejeta as part of Project Kenya Sister Schools.

I was disappointed about the few pink flamingos at Lake Nakuru but that is not the fault of Natural tracks!

Thank you to Natural tracks for you reasonable pricing, the very simple clean accommodation at Lake Nakuru (with food cooked by natural tracks very own Titus) and for your care and concern for our enjoyment in your country. We will be back and recommend you to all our volunteers who come with us to Kenya each year.

Madeleine De Little Canada

Geneva, Switzerland
reviews: 3
28. Re: Natural Track Safari's

Natural Track Safaris arranged our +2 week honeymoon in August-September 2012.

We were very happy with Natural Track throughout. The planning process was smooth; where Elizabeth was super fast and efficient in terms of getting back to us and in terms of tailoring the experience to our specific wants and desires. The actual trip was excellent, where everything worked; airport pick-up in the middle of the night, a great guide taking care of us throughout the trip (thanks Mike!), fantastic accommodation during safari... and particularly so during the beack part of our vacation on Zanzibar (the brilliant Ras Nungwi Beach Hotel).

I strongly recommend Natural Track Safaris to anyone considering a safari/beach experience in East Africa!

reviews: 1
29. Re: Natural Track Safari's

Hello:

We and my husband have been two weeks ago with Natural Track in Kenya. I completely agree with this post. Elizabeth was very efficient organising everything. Our stay in Nakuru and Mara has been great! Gerald was a really goog guide, very patient. Every stop to take a picture (hundreds) he was there with a smile in his mouth. He was all the time trying to find the animals, connected with the other cars. We could see lots of zebras, gnus, gacelles,giraffes, rhinos, hypos, lions, cheetas, pumbas, some elephants... Not leopard, so we will have to come back agrian, always with them. The lodges were nice and safe, Flamingo Hill in Nakuru and Mara Simba. If you don't have lots of time this is a good combination because the two parks are completely different. The only thing I didn't like was the Confort Hotel in

Nairobi. But for the rest, I would recommend you this agency. Thanks for the great experience! Edurne y Pepe

Sheffield, United...
reviews: 4
30. Re: Natural Track Safari's

we had been doing volunteer work in Nyahururu and only had a short time to sightsee before flying home. Elizabeth who deals with reservations at Natural Track safaris organised a personalised trip to suit our needs. she was patient and kind dealing with our requests and changes to the plan. it was all organised by e-mail before we left the UK.in Kenya the trip happened just as planned. our guides were knowledgeable and easy going, even arranging an extra activity in Nairobi at no extra cost.

the cost of the trip was much less than a quote i had from a company based in Nakuru that i had previously used

i would definately recommend Natural Track Safaris for trips to Eastern Africa

Fiona Price

Sheffield, UK

Reply to: Natural Track Safari's
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted