We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help for NAirobi and Kenya

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
Help for NAirobi and Kenya

Hi

We are making our first trip to Africa and want a safe reasonably decent priced place to stay our first few nights ..any help or suggestions?

Also any advice on Safari operators? WE were going to get to Kenya and plan from there...good option?

Hemel Hempstead...
1. Re: Help for NAirobi and Kenya

Welcome to Kenya!!!

I am sure that you will love kenya.

The three reasonably priced Hotels where you would find yourself perfectly comfortable would be The Serena Hotel, Nairobi Safari Club and the Holiday Inn in Westlands. The food is good and reasonably priced.

It would be advisable to book your Safari BEFORE you leave for Kenya. The reason being that if you try to book whilst you are in Kenya, people will know that you are short of time and that you will have to make a quick decision and hence the price will go up. Whilst if you do it before hand, you will have plenty of time to shift through all the options. There are lots of good Tour Companies in Kenya. Just look through this Forum and you will get plenty of names and numbers.

One another word of advice - get your Kenya Visa before you leave for Kenya as it saves you a lot of hassle and time wasting at Nairobi Airport and also get your innoculations.

Besides this have a good time in Kenya.

Harish Luther

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 2
2. Re: Help for NAirobi and Kenya

For non-smoking guests who do not need a bar, I thoroughly recommend the ACK (Anglican Church of Kenya) Guest House, Bishop's Road - Friendly. Prices very reasonable. Close to Fairview Hotel, so walkable from Town.

Asifiwe

Stoke-on-Trent...
reviews: 2
3. Re: Help for NAirobi and Kenya

Hi

As the first response says, hotels like the Serena are your best bet. or more reasonable is the Fairveiw...smaller but very nice and relaxed atmosphere with nice pool and bar outside...

I also agree with the safari advice, if booking before you leave, try Bunson Travel, they are located in Nairobi, they are very good, and get a safari on the Masai Mara, with the Serena would be a good choice....they do 3 days and 2 nights, and fly twice daily from nairobi (about 45mins journey time to the Mara)

Enjoy yourselves!...I'll be back there myself in a few days

Motherwell
4. Re: Help for NAirobi and Kenya

try katokenya.org and get all operators from there. Negotiate your package before you make up your mind so that you know whats on offer.check also with ultimatesafarisntours.com, dmtours.de for the prices and the safaris.

nairobi
5. Re: Help for NAirobi and Kenya

depends on yoour budget, if you are staying in lodge or want camping, which ever is you budget, you can get the best discount on arrival i bet,

anyway you wiil like the safari, it is full of memeries rember to include mara, lake nakuru on you trip they are good.

Kolb��ck
6. Re: Help for NAirobi and Kenya

IIbean99,

I’d recommend the Terminal. A single with a nice bathroom cost me 1200 shillings. If you want something less basic, but not as expensive as the Fairview there’s the Kenya Comfort. http://www.kenyacomfort.com/index.html

Safari njema

Qualicum Beach...
reviews: 50
7. Re: Help for NAirobi and Kenya

Nyamera, is that the Kenya Comfort Inn? The tour company I am booked with has me staying either at the Boulevard Hotel (My agent said NO) or the Kenya Comfort Inn - my choice. Since I am going to be camping, I am not looking for a 5 star hotel, but I want it to be a decent place....

Kolb��ck
8. Re: Help for NAirobi and Kenya

Moiraine8,

Yes, Kenya Comfort used to be called Comfort Inn. I know people who have stayed there and they are very pleased. The Terminal is less expensive and very decent, you get a comfortable bed, a nice bathroom and the staff is absolutely charming. Though if it’s your first time in Africa it might look a bit seedy.

Nth Lincolnshire
reviews: 5
9. Re: Help for NAirobi and Kenya

Can anyone let me know if you need to take a towel on safari, me and my partner are doing the masai safari with somak staying at samburu, mountain lodge, lake nakuru and masai mara. we are travelling late july early august, we are then staying at sun and sand, can anyone give me any details on this hotel, especially the gym as we are both fitness fanatics, or at least try to be....

Qualicum Beach...
reviews: 50
10. Re: Help for NAirobi and Kenya

Thanks Nyamera...I guess its just the different definitions of "seedy"...LOL I have stayed in some hotels that I consider seedy, but not sure how it would compare. If the Kenya Comfort is satisfactory and clean, and the staff are pleasant and helpful, what more can I ask? :) Thanks again.