We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hell's Gate Bicycle Safari

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 34
Hell's Gate Bicycle Safari

Has anyone done a bike trek in Hell's Gate??

I'm looking for info - I've heard it's possible but don't know any details about it... (how much, when, how long, what you see, etc)

Asante!

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
reviews: 4
1. Re: Hell's Gate Bicycle Safari

Steven

You could try these guys in Nairobi: Bike Treks T020/2141757 or 0722/727257, http://www.biketreks.co.ke, but they haven't been very forthcoming in recent contacts and it's probably unlikely your plans and what they could offer would coincide.

However, if you just head down to Naivasha, you'll find several places either renting out mountain bikes, include Fisherman's Camp and Carnelly's (I like Carnelly's) or putting you in touch with people who can rent them. And there's at least one bike rental place right at the T junction for Hell's Gate National Park's Elsa Gate. Just discuss the rate, rent your bike, and set off. It's a beautiful area to cycle in and not too much hard work!

Hope that helps,

Richard

Downingtown...
reviews: 72
2. Re: Hell's Gate Bicycle Safari

As #1 says easy to do and you can see all the plains animals but not eles, lion or cheetah and they say no leopard but I have see one there years ago so you never know!!

Also Lammergeier or Bearded Vulture up on the cliffs. It is huge with a wingspan of arount 9ft (3 m)

Spectacular scenery, hot springs and a geothermal plant.

3. Re: Hell's Gate Bicycle Safari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:24 am, April 08, 2010