We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years Eve - Nairobi

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Townsville
reviews: 13
New Years Eve - Nairobi

Our family of 4 adults will be in Nairobi for New Years Eve. Can anyone let us know what we can do / attend or if there is anything special organised in the city? Since the trip is a once in a life time event we would like to make the best of our time.

I look forward to searching trip advisor each night after work. So much so that I don't think our 22days in Kenya / Tanzania will be enough.

UK
Destination Expert
for Malindi, Ukunda, Kenya
reviews: 4
1. Re: New Years Eve - Nairobi

This is a slightly tricky one. Would be easy to say book a table at Alan Bobbe's or Carnivore or Tamarind or somewhere, but I'm just not sure what would be best. So I hope some Nairobians will pop up and answer this. My one time in Nbi on NY's eve, I ended up having a 1.2kg steak in the Steak House in Chester House and then ended up at top of the Kenyatta International Conference Centre (which used to revolve in those days) having a few drinks and watching a breakdancing competition, of all things . . . Can't say it was the best ever!

Richard

Townsville
2. Re: New Years Eve - Nairobi

Thanks - the steak will be right up my son's ally.

I suspect that what evey happens will be great.

3. Re: New Years Eve - Nairobi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:05 am, September 24, 2009
Pretoria, South...
reviews: 67
4. Re: New Years Eve - Nairobi

jambo!

nothing special is organised for the city of nairobi but most hotels and restaurants and even bars/clubs will put on something special for the night...

its not a cheap night as prices double for everything...so you pay possibly kshs. 5,000/- if for a 6 course dinner and then will be a countdown and champagne (or so they say) will be popped...

you need a permit for fireworks and they are expensive so not as popular as they used to be..

alot of nairobians actually leave nairobi for new years ...(including me!)

carnivore used to be a fav but is flooded with a rather young/under age group...so be warned!

all the best

sw

Townsville
5. Re: New Years Eve - Nairobi

Thank you for the information - can't wait until we arrive on 27/12/09.

6. Re: New Years Eve - Nairobi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, March 29, 2010