We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

are there any bad points why kids can't go to kenya

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
wales
reviews: 1
are there any bad points why kids can't go to kenya

are there any bad points why kids can't go to kenya?

Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 3
41. Re: are there any bad points why kids can't go to kenya

"if i was living in kenya, i am sure i would not be on malaria meds everyday"

No, and that's not what we were talking about. I don't take meds, there's no point, as a resident. But this forum is primarily, although not exclusively, for *tourists* to Kenya, for whom it is strongly advised to take preventative meds, and that's what was being addressed here.

You suggest "covering up". Well, if you've spent any great time at the coast and are not used to our extremely humid conditions, you will understand that covering oneself from head to foot in a hot area is simply impractical.

Personally speaking, I swear by mosquito repellent sprays, one in particular called MosiGuard, and I have yet to sustain a bite whilst wearing it. I certainly don't intend to dress myself in a buibui every time I wanna go sheikh my bootie down at Forties of a night!

Apologies to the OP for the thread hijack. Hope we can get it back on track by saying, in one sentence: no, there is no reason why children cannot come to Kenya!

Nairobi, Kenya
42. Re: are there any bad points why kids can't go to kenya

"are used" not "are not used". Duh. I see you didn't look up the definition of "recursive" either ;-). I'm assuming you mean "recurrent"?

And Simon - valid point. I've had malaria and, unlike Richard, I'm not okay. I get relapses and have ongoing side effects.

Ok, point made, hijack over, apols.

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
reviews: 52
43. Re: are there any bad points why kids can't go to kenya

Definition of recursive - see recursive

Iver Heath, United...
reviews: 2
44. Re: are there any bad points why kids can't go to kenya

Thanks FL410

Quite right "there is no reason why children cannot come to Kenya!"

Providing the parents get acurate advice ;)

Took my 13yr old (at the time) back in 2001 he loved it, he's planing on going back with his girlfriend next year.

Iver Heath, United...
reviews: 2
45. Re: are there any bad points why kids can't go to kenya

Mehs2

"thats one way indeed, when is your trip to kenya, i will prepare a special list so you avoid any mozzy terrorists!"

you mean you have more useful info to avoid the mozies ? I go again in November and even after 10 years I still dont no how to protect myself, im def gonna stay away from the army and unprotected buildings after you valuable advice.

please share the info !

Nairobi, Kenya
46. Re: are there any bad points why kids can't go to kenya

"Definition of recursive - see recursive"

Ha, very good!

47. Re: are there any bad points why kids can't go to kenya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:44 am, March 17, 2010