We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight booked! Anyone flown Swiss Air to NBO?

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 34
Flight booked! Anyone flown Swiss Air to NBO?

Flight is booked - 6 weeks from now I'll be in Nairobi for 6 months!

I've booked my flights from Canada with Swiss Air (via Zurich), but have never flown with them before. Does anyone have insight into meal/entertainment expectations I should have? (i.e. should I be sure to stock up on newspapers, magazines and books??)

Also - does anyone know a good (free) website for learning some Swahili words/phrases??

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
reviews: 50
1. Re: Flight booked! Anyone flown Swiss Air to NBO?

Hi,

Don't know about Swiss Air, but as far as Swahili goes these websites cover a few different levels

glcom.com/hassan/…useful_swahili_words.html

glcom.com/hassan/…useful_swahili_words.html

www.fsi-language-courses.com/Swahili.aspx

http://kamusiproject.org/

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
reviews: 50
2. Re: Flight booked! Anyone flown Swiss Air to NBO?

Oops! Posted one twice - it was supposed to be this

http://mwanasimba.online.fr/E_TABLE.htm

nyc
3. Re: Flight booked! Anyone flown Swiss Air to NBO?

Flew Swiss last year, JFK/ZRH/NBO - plane took off and landed. I've never watched a movie or played a game on any flight, anywhere, so can't advise. However, did notice each seat had it's own screen/controls.

I'd rather read... and am real good but for meals, a drink and walkabout the plane, at sleeping most of these long flights.

ZRH airport is rather sterile, but hey, it's Switzerland.

USA
4. Re: Flight booked! Anyone flown Swiss Air to NBO?

I have flown the Zurich-Nairobi route countless times, you have nothing to worry about as Swiss Air is a great airline. The food is filling and not bad at all (for airline food). Entertainment is ok as you get yr own tv and theres a listing of several movies to choose from, they also have music from several channels. You should bring plenty of books/mags/ipod to keep you occupied incase you get bored with their entertainment but if you are in Business Class where the seating is roomier you can just stretch out and sleep.

enfield&ugunja
reviews: 1
5. Re: Flight booked! Anyone flown Swiss Air to NBO?

Flew with them in their early days of LONDON-ZURICH-NAIROBI Excellent service favourite route to Nairobi so far - Think We'll be going via Doha next time. will send pm too to give more data

Nairbi,Kenya
6. Re: Flight booked! Anyone flown Swiss Air to NBO?

Flew with them from BRISTOL-ZURICH-NAIROBI .I was in Business Class which was great.Excellent meals and good movies on Board. My bag remained behind in Zurich because the changeover time was not enough.Less than one hour. However after 2 days they brought it to me.It is a daytime flight from Zurich to Nairobi.I like daytime flights.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 34
7. Re: Flight booked! Anyone flown Swiss Air to NBO?

Just flew Swiss Air - Montreal-Zurich-Nairobi. Fantastic! Great service, comfortable - and as a bonus had an empty seat beside me from Zurich to Nairobi.

Both flights were on time - may have been early even...

I recommend Swiss Air!

8. Re: Flight booked! Anyone flown Swiss Air to NBO?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, March 29, 2010