We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is FedEx reliable?

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 35
Is FedEx reliable?

Hi all,

I've read a few threads about not bothering to send anything by post as it rarely makes it to the destination. Is this just regular post? If something is sent to me in Nairobi via FedEx, will that arrive or should I not bother having anything sent?

Also - what about sending things out of the country? Is that reliable? Or again, does it require FedEx or another courier?

Thanks,

Steve

Rwanda
1. Re: Is FedEx reliable?

I've not used Fed Ex but I've used DHL to Nairobi many times and never had any issues with stuff going astray (touch wood!).

Pretoria, South...
reviews: 74
2. Re: Is FedEx reliable?

jambo steven

postal system into the country does work - i was delighted when i got my TA DE travel bag via registered post!

i also receive alot of literature from all over the world...

they do always open the envelope/ parcel though so its best not to contain sensitive or very valuable items...

however remember we use post office boxes here so to receive registered you need to have one registered, the box rental card and some proof of identification when you collect.

however sending out of the country is a bit sticky so i would recommend a courier although its real expensive..

dhl is excellent but expensive...i personally had an issue with fedex to tz a couple of times so i don't use them but there are cheapoer alternatives..all depends on what you sending..

Mombasa
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Tsavo National Park East
reviews: 43
3. Re: Is FedEx reliable?

if you receive a letter, what happens many time is when the Adress is not typed that the person who puts the letter in the boxes reads the number wrong

a german 1 is read by the kenyan postoffice worker as a 7 so the letters are not stohlen they are just wrong delivered.

For FedEX or DHL they are quite costly and only when it is imortant document you should use these.

Tell the sender to type the adress and it should not have any valuable.

USA
4. Re: Is FedEx reliable?

Fedex Kenya is extremely reliable but expensive (dont know where you are sending from but its still pricey), you can track your package just like you would anywhere in the world. They deliver but the package is released only to who you authorize to receive it.

5. Re: Is FedEx reliable?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 26, 2010