We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

voluntary work in nairobi????

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
voluntary work in nairobi????

I will be going to nairobi in july for 1 month and i would like to do some charity work for 2 weeks whilst i am in nairobi,i would not mind working in a childrens or baby orphanage OR with homeless kids with substance issues.I would like to know if any one knows of any organisations in nairobi that do charity work??

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 13
1. Re: voluntary work in nairobi????

Normally the duration of charity workers is from 1 month ..and very expensive Plus you need a work permit !!

seeing as you are only wanting two weeks I suggest you find a home near your place of stay and ask the Matron or housemother if you could come in on a daily basis.

There are plenty of vacancies to help with the street children and you would be very welcome ..

london
2. Re: voluntary work in nairobi????

Do you have the names and numbers of these oraganisations??

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 13
3. Re: voluntary work in nairobi????

try this site www.inspirekenya.com/nairochildensplace.htm

or just google " nairobi street children "

There is a very nice home near the rose growing area I think it is called the arms of love ..small babies . but if you just call in I think you could spend a few days helping out as a tourist ..Instead of giving your money to an organisation spend it on the needs of the children .

Pretoria, South...
reviews: 74
4. Re: voluntary work in nairobi????

jambo

this home started by a lovely couple is very promising for hiv babies who are often abandoned - find out more from the link..

http://www.newlifehometrust.org/

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 2
5. Re: voluntary work in nairobi????

I have friends who founded a wonderful Orphanage in Eldoret. When I asked about volunteering in Nairobi, they recommended New Life Home Trust.

6. Re: voluntary work in nairobi????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:44 am, December 02, 2009