We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nairobi - taxis, hotels, other

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
reviews: 3
Nairobi - taxis, hotels, other

I was wondering if anyone could tell me roughly how much a taxi from the airport to centre would be?

Also, the Hotel Boulevard has been suggested as a place for my 2 nights, as that is where my overland tour leaves from - is this hotel any good? Also, is £56GBP good value - seems steep?

Finally, is there anything that I must see/do before I leave Nairobi?

Sorry for all the questions - thanks for all the answers!

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 8
1. Re: Nairobi - taxis, hotels, other

airport to city should be no more than 1800 shillings and should be more in the 1500 range. Can't comment too much on Hotel Boulevard, but all hotels in Nairobi are expensive, so to me it seems a fair price.

Telford, Shropshire
reviews: 66
2. Re: Nairobi - taxis, hotels, other

Hi Tim

You haven't said when you're going and whether the £56 is for both nights or per night.

Reviews are here:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g294207-d5959…

London, United...
reviews: 13
3. Re: Nairobi - taxis, hotels, other

Taxi to town centre should be 1,200 -1,500 shillings if it's for 2 nights its a fair price if for one night it is steep -click on to the "Hotels in Nairobi" near the top left on this page and arrange the hotels in price order and have a read to see what suits your taste and pocket.

Ask questiobs that's why we are all here

Kenya
reviews: 22
4. Re: Nairobi - taxis, hotels, other

Taxi from airport to Boulevard should be just about 1200 to 1500Ksh depending on what taxi company you use. As for the rates,are they per night? please clarify and we'll be able to answer you better.

Regards

Rwanda
5. Re: Nairobi - taxis, hotels, other

Check what the overland tour is offering you in Nairobi (if anything). If they don't have anything organised you should go to: Sheldrake Elephant Orphanage (11.00am), Giraffe sanctuary and Blixen House - all are in Karen.

Advantage of staying at Boulevard is that your other trip members will most likely be there so you can meet ahead of schedule and perhaps arrange to do the above with some of them and share the costs.

What overland group are you with? Most stay at Indaba or Dougies. £56 is pretty good if its for 2 nights.

UK
reviews: 3
6. Re: Nairobi - taxis, hotels, other

Thanks for all of the responses - unfortunately, the price is per night - the same on 3 sites I checked.

I am going with Africa Travel Co on their 56 day trip to Capetown and from there, I head to S.E. Asia (I am at the start of a 2-year round-the-world trip).

Thanks again for the advice.

Pretoria, South...
reviews: 66
7. Re: Nairobi - taxis, hotels, other

jambo!

accommodation is pricey in nbi so for what you are paying at boulevard its fair for an average hotel..

all the best with your travels!!

8. Re: Nairobi - taxis, hotels, other

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:21 am, November 30, 2009