We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. Aloysius Gonzaga school-Kibera

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
10 posts
16 reviews
St. Aloysius Gonzaga school-Kibera

I'm traveling from New York June 11 to spend about a week or so visiting this school upon invitation from Fr. Terry Charleton who has founded it. I have met him in person and he understand i'm going more or less as a service trip to get to know more about the school and the students/their circumstances. If anyone has any insight i'd appreciate it. He's worried i'll be bored (i doubt that) but i may look for day excursions into the city/environs while i'm there as i've never been before.

Pretoria, South...
Level Contributor
367 posts
78 reviews
1. Re: St. Aloysius Gonzaga school-Kibera

never heard of this school and its not locally listed in the directory; so is it in the kibera slums?

this could be quite harrowing, so a break for a day would be good for you!

Nairobi, Kenya
Level Contributor
3,755 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: St. Aloysius Gonzaga school-Kibera

Agree with Sweetwaters; if you're going to be spending any time at all in Kibera slum you're definitely going to need a break. It'll have a big impact on you. What you're doing sounds extremely interesting. Sorry I can't help with any further info but I haven't heard of the school either.

Level Contributor
191 posts
22 reviews
3. Re: St. Aloysius Gonzaga school-Kibera

Sorry,havent heard of the school too...but am sure you'll have a great time doing community work in Kibera,its always fascinating just to be there experiencing slum life and lending a helping hand.

After the visit,you will definately need a break! Take some time and visit some interesting places that arent too far out from Kibera,you might chose to visit either

Sheldrick,Nairobi National park,Girraffe centre,safari walk or Animal orphanage.

All the best and enjoy your time in Kenya:)

4. Re: St. Aloysius Gonzaga school-Kibera

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:26 am, November 22, 2009