We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels / B&B near Wilson

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
York, United Kingdom
reviews: 27
Hotels / B&B near Wilson

Hi all,

Does anyone know of a recommended hotel / B&B / Homestead near Wilson? We have one night before flying to the Mara and would like to be in a convenient hotel for Wilson airport as we do not yet know if we are on the 10am or 3pm flight.

Many thanks

Tron

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 8
1. Re: Hotels / B&B near Wilson

I'm not sure what your price range is, but I really love the Karen Blixen Coffee Garden and Cottages http://www.blixencoffeegarden.co.ke/ which are quite close to Wilson.

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 147
2. Re: Hotels / B&B near Wilson

Any of the hotels in Karen would be the closest. As suggested there is Karen Blixen Coffee Gardens, House of Waine, or Ngong House.

From the Nairobi Serena at 8:30 am it would take about 30 minutes, and at 1:30 pm about 20 minutes,

Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 3
3. Re: Hotels / B&B near Wilson

If you want to stay *really* close and save your money, get a room in the new wing at the Aero Club of East Africa - it's at Wilson airport itself. Also very cheap compared to, say, Macushla House, Ngong House or the Karen Blixen cottages, the most reasonable of which is Macushla House.

I guest it depends how much you want to spend, bearing in mind you're only going to be there the one night.

I'm a member of ACEA so if you need any info, just PM me.

The website is here: http://www.aeroclubea.net/

HTH,

MM

Nairobi, Kenya
4. Re: Hotels / B&B near Wilson

Hi,

The Mvuli house is just about 5min drive to the wilson airport and the cost shold be about usd 80 for a double bb.

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 2
5. Re: Hotels / B&B near Wilson

Tron - The Aero Club looks very good, with no taxi fares and zero traffic jams!!

Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 3
6. Re: Hotels / B&B near Wilson

Forgot to mention, the ACEA rooms are on a B&B basis.

MM

nyc
7. Re: Hotels / B&B near Wilson

MasaiMiss - Great find that AeroClub... thanks.

Believe OP is working with tight budget, so many choices in Karen, but for Macushla, are quite expensive.

However, with more choices in the city proper, it can take same amount of drive time whether from a downtown hotel or those in Karen. For the 10am flight, pickup is usually 8am regardless where you lay your head the night before.

York, United Kingdom
reviews: 27
8. Re: Hotels / B&B near Wilson

Thank you very much for your suggestions. I am going to make further enquires tonight to all the places listed above.

Thanks again every one

Eccle

9. Re: Hotels / B&B near Wilson

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:34 am, November 12, 2009