We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a cheap hotel in nairobi city centre!!!!!

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
Looking for a cheap hotel in nairobi city centre!!!!!

HI ALL,

I will be travelling to Kenya in 1 months time and i am looking for a HOTEL BETWEEN $10 TO $2O USD. I will be travelling to Nairobi and i will be there for 3 weeks.I will be travelling alone.

I have heard of a few hotels in the city centre ....Kenya comfort,hotel greton, teminal hotel etc.I am particulary looking at one called PARKSIDE HOTEL .I have seen really good reviews on the hotel.I would love to hear from travelers who have stayed in any of these hotels or people who live in nairobi who know about these hotels.

THANKS

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 8
1. Re: Looking for a cheap hotel in nairobi city centre!!!!!

Most of the inexpensive hotels are in the River Road district (not sure if you can get anything in the $10-20 range in that area though). It's a fairly dangerous area and you should exercise extreme caution when walking around there -- particularly dawn and dusk/night time hours. With that said, I have never ever had a problem in my 8+ years of traveling to Nairobi. I know that such problems do exist, though, so please be cautious.

London, United...
reviews: 13
2. Re: Looking for a cheap hotel in nairobi city centre!!!!!

harmony I never yet found a god hotel at $qo for the night in Kenya - I would suggest you buy the Rough guide to Kenya (about£15) or get it from your local library and have a look at their budget suggestions -they will also tell you which ones waren't suitable for women travelling on their own

Pretoria, South...
reviews: 73
3. Re: Looking for a cheap hotel in nairobi city centre!!!!!

jambo!

parkside is a small, very average place - not as good as the kenya comfort in terms of quality..but same area (also terminal)which is considered the more 'safer' part of the central business district (nevertheless take care).

Nairobi, Kenya
4. Re: Looking for a cheap hotel in nairobi city centre!!!!!

Harmony33,

The hotel you are suggesting is yes withing your budget and indeed in a superb location for that budget right next to the famous Jeevanjee gardens.

Nothing fancy but rooms rather spacious and neat.

Keep happy

Calgary, Canada
5. Re: Looking for a cheap hotel in nairobi city centre!!!!!

Have stayed at Hotel Boulevard twice in the past two years. Fairly economical, outdoor pool, security gate/fence. Is not in the heart of the city, but is about a 20 min cab ride in average traffic to the airport.

http://sentrim-hotels.com/boulevard.html

they will provide a quote, if you email them with your request.

is more expensive than $20 but you will be assured of being secure there.

London, United...
reviews: 13
6. Re: Looking for a cheap hotel in nairobi city centre!!!!!

This should lead you through to the parklands hotel

www.klubhouse.co.ke

part of the kahama group

7. Re: Looking for a cheap hotel in nairobi city centre!!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 am, October 21, 2009