We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

public tranport from airport to Nairobi

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, India
reviews: 101
public tranport from airport to Nairobi

We will be arriving at the Nairobi airport in the afternoon . Is there some reliable and reasonably priced public transport to the city ?

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 8
1. Re: public tranport from airport to Nairobi

nothing that is safe enough for a tourist. People are routinely robbed on the airport bus route.

nyc
2. Re: public tranport from airport to Nairobi

You can take a taxi. Firm up price beforehand, but it is reasonable.

London, United...
reviews: 13
3. Re: public tranport from airport to Nairobi

The 34 bus goes into Nairobi and is reliabl, however if not careful you might get robbed on the bus though I have not when I've used it. Also for the cost of a cab into Nairobi (shouldn't be much more than Ksh1000) you might as well catch a taxi

New Delhi, India
reviews: 101
4. Re: public tranport from airport to Nairobi

thank you very much and warm regards Dr Anuj from Delhi India

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 2
5. Re: public tranport from airport to Nairobi

Are you going to a Hotel in the City? If so, check whether they will meet you.

Otherwise arrange a reliable taxi in advance if possible. There are plenty of suggestions in this forum.

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 10
6. Re: public tranport from airport to Nairobi

Depending upon where in Nairobi you are going....the cab fare should not cost you anymore than $20-25 USD each way. If they are trying to charge you more, they are not "playing fair", so negotiate your fair between the price I have noted.

Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 3
7. Re: public tranport from airport to Nairobi

Do NOT use public transport in Nairobi. I cannot emphasise this strongly enough. Nairobi is not known as "Nairobbery" for nothing. As others have said, use a taxi and negotiate a fair price into town; drivers will often try and charge tourists anything from 1800/- to 3500/- for this trip when it should cost no more than 1000 to 1200/- (KES).

If you need the number of a reliable local driver, PM me as I can give you the details of a chap I use occasionally. I'd also be happy to contact him to book for you if you cannot call from Delhi.

Safari njema!

MM

London, United...
reviews: 13
8. Re: public tranport from airport to Nairobi

I nearly agree with Masaii Miss in that the better choice is the Taxi and that is what i would expct to pay into town -However as a tourist i have travelled several times on the 34 bus and NEVER had a problem on it. And yes to those who wonder I have travelled on it on my own and with relatives.

The only place I have actually been "robbed" was IN a Hotel in Mombasa and there was nothing we could do avout that situation-(Look at review of petusch Inn for the nicer version of what occured)

for the complete Version go to igougo.com/review-r1203192-Petuscha_Hotel.ht…

9. Re: public tranport from airport to Nairobi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:21 am, October 21, 2009