We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging in Nairobi

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canton, Ohio
reviews: 20
Lodging in Nairobi

We are going to be in Nairobi for four weeks in June and are currently planning on staying at the Gracia Guesthouse by Yaya Center. The price runs just shy of $100 for four people.

Two questions:

1. Is this a good place to stay? Can anyone give me any idea on what to expect?

2. Any other alternatives in that general area for the same price or lower (definitely not higher!) that are safe, especially since we'll have two kids (8/10) with us?

We'll be doing service work in the area near that hotel, as well as the Kibera slum, so the location was pretty good, but we are open to other places in the same general area. Definitely nothing downtown or on another end of town (e.g. int'l airport area).

Thanks in advance!!!!

New York
11. Re: Lodging in Nairobi

When I visited Kenya as an exchange student, I stayed at Margpher Guest House. It was very clean and it felt like home away from home. It is located in Karen which was close to everything including the City Center. Everyone was so friendly. When my parents came to visit they were very impressed. I will be returning upon graduation with some of my friends and hope to stay there. They were reasonably priced as well. Check them out at www.margpherhouse.com. Good luck shopping for accomodation

12. Re: Lodging in Nairobi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 pm, October 23, 2009