We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 day safari

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Burnaby, BC
reviews: 1
3 day safari

any recommendations for where to do a safari where we can stay in large tents...do night and day safaris? we want to stay for 2-3 nights. I went to sweetwaters when I was little but dont remember it much excewpt for the tent and pool..oh and being chased out of my tenant by a toad..lol

I heard Masai mara is good...someone was saying you stay in the trees?? anyone know anything about this?

any suggestions on tour operators to use?

amsterdam
reviews: 3
1. Re: 3 day safari

Jambo sana

I travelled a lot in East Africa mostly independant and using my own car.

You could check www.wildlifeinaction.com heard a lot of good respons about this company.

Safari njema

Mara

2. Re: 3 day safari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:09 am, May 10, 2009
Chicago
3. Re: 3 day safari

Hi MickeyD,

I recommend that you go to the Masai Mara there is the Mara Sarova tented camp, or Tsavo East where there is the Galdesa Tented camp. In the masai mara there are countless tented camps including mara interpids, explorer, ol-moran Olonana. However they are very costly properties and the only ones that are fairly priced are Sarova and Ol-Moran camps and also Galdesa in Tsavo East.

About a tour company i recommend All Seasons Safaris & Tours.

I traveled with them last year and they were exceptional in terms of service.

Nairobi
reviews: 1
4. Re: 3 day safari

Masai Mara IS good - all year round too! about staying in trees - I think the person was referring to the concept of a "tree hotel" - some sort of plat forms built into trees with all the amenities of the normal hotel room. There aren't many of these in Masai Mara although Karen Blixen Camp has them. Most of the tree hotels are in the Aberdare / Mount Kenya region (Serena Mountain lodge, The Ark,Treetops).There is one in Shimba Hills, one bordering Tsavo (Sarova Salt Lick) and even Naivasha - at Malu Farm. I have noted that you want to do night game drives so I would suggest that you book something in a conservancy bordering a national game park / reserve. This is because in the main parks, driving is not allowed after 6.00 PM, but in a conservancy, one can have night drives and have game drives in the main park during the day. The Laikipia area - though expensive - does cater for day and night safari drives and is quite an experience. Travel in this area is mostly of a luxury kind (a little pricey - bit worth every dime) and should you choose this area, I would recommend that you fly from Nairobi. Depending on your choice of camp, the accommodation rates will include a number of activities like shared day and night game drives,bush walks, sundowners,educational talks,visits to a pre-historic archaeological sites, wildlife viewing from game blinds, horse riding and / or camel Walks.

5. Re: 3 day safari

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, October 22, 2009