We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fairview Hotel or House of Waine

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, QC
reviews: 9
Fairview Hotel or House of Waine

Hi,

We are looking for a nice hotel as close as possible to the airport and narrowed our choices to Fairview and House of Waine. Which one is closer to the airports (JKIA and Wilson)? I know Fairview is cheaper, but we don't mind paying extra if we going to save time and taxi fares.

Thanks,

M. Belanger

nyc
1. Re: Fairview Hotel or House of Waine

Neither would be considered close to either airport. Fairview is in city-center, while House of Waine is in the burb or Karen. The latter, a bit closer to Wilson, but even that depends on route driver takes.

Why would you have to consider taxi fares? Have you booked your safari direct? Or thru a tour operator/outfitter? If the latter, the outfitter can easily arrange your transfers between airports/hotels.

Pretoria, South...
reviews: 66
2. Re: Fairview Hotel or House of Waine

jambo!

out of the two hotels you chose; i would recommend the house of waine.

it is in the same vicinity as wilson but it is quite a drive to the jkia. however you can avoid the city centre traffic by using alternative routes.

please note there is no escaping the horrendous traffic in nairobi - all you can do is be extra early, ensure the taxi is comfortable, carry mineral water and sweets/snacks.

best wishes

sw

Montreal, QC
reviews: 9
3. Re: Fairview Hotel or House of Waine

Thanks for your answers! I understand that I should plan plenty of time for airport transfers, but I didn't want to engulf myself in the worst possibke spot too. For our final flight at jkia, we're staying at Panari, but the nights before our flights from Wilson, we wanted a place not excessively far from it.

Thank you!

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 2
4. Re: Fairview Hotel or House of Waine

Someone else on this forum has recommended the Red Cross Hotel in South C. www.redcourt.co.ke I had never heard of it before, but you can look at the website.

5. Re: Fairview Hotel or House of Waine

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 am, August 18, 2009