We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Visit - start of questions!!!

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Margate, United...
reviews: 25
First Visit - start of questions!!!

Going in Sept - staing 1st night in Nairobi at Sera then 3 nights at Governors Camp, another night at Serena, Nairobi then 10 nights at Pinewood Village on the coast. Taking easy steps with the overnight stays in Nairobi as due to health problems I can sometimes get very tired.

I mailed a couple of recommended "tour operators" ie Julius for one about re day trips from the coast and the prices they are quoting seem horrendous ... is Kenya becoming the most expensive holiday destination, I thought Mauirius hard to beat!!! Is the going rate really over £50 for a day trip into mombasa or £130 to Shimba Hills or is it a bargaining process?

Thanks experts :)

Mags

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 13
1. Re: First Visit - start of questions!!!

Your correct to say the prices have increased and with the sharp decline in the past year I certainly would have thought the travel agents & tour operator would have offered more enticing prices to bring everyone [and new[ back to Kenya ,,

For a trip into Mombasa much better to use the services of local taxi`s you only pay for the CAR not per person and there are places each and every taxi driver know to take you that the tour bus wont and cant go ...Most of the trips are geared up for you to buy from the Tea/coffee/spice/ jewellery and craft shops so that the driver/guide gets commission ..

I can give you names of honest reccomemded drivers if you so wish ...

Pretoria, South...
reviews: 74
2. Re: First Visit - start of questions!!!

jambo blueamber

you are staying at wonderful places so im sure you will have a grand time!very wise to have overnight breaks in nbi!

with the ever increasing price of fuel and shortages we are experiencing - fares are expensive..also being on the southern coast is more expensive!

- try book your mombasa day trip through pinewood itself.

just always make sure the vehicle is road worthy and you have adequate mineral water and sweets/snacks incase of unforeseen delays - the ferry can be very slow!

3. Re: First Visit - start of questions!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 pm, September 15, 2009