We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kenya Airways delays, cancellations etc.

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Africa
reviews: 21
Kenya Airways delays, cancellations etc.

I would strongly recommend travel insurance when booking with KQ. In the past two weeks, there's been a spate of issues concerning lost baggage, flight delay, exhausted (hence rude) staff, unexplained cancellations on the domestic legs and on one memorable trip, a missing part hence forcing delay and then cancellation. They are going through some financial difficulty (70% loss) for the half-year reporting and I don't doubt that cutbacks are affecting scheduling and service.

I think they're just going through a rough patch but for now, better be safe than sorry.

bucks
reviews: 2
11. Re: Kenya Airways delays, cancellations etc.

djustoe.

had an amazing time thanks, 2nd time was even better than the first trip in 2007.

will post a topic in the new few days with tips etc about this trip.

s

Pretoria, South...
reviews: 73
12. Re: Kenya Airways delays, cancellations etc.

ha ha yeah good advise be there a day prior to your flight if you want to get on !!

KQ is still on the downward trend with changing flight schedules - delayed 4 hours from nbi to dar last week!no apologies no coffee no nothing!

Dublin
reviews: 5
13. Re: Kenya Airways delays, cancellations etc.

Having to be there a day in advance to get on the flight is a bit much :) dont think ill be doing that..

Do they hugely overbooked the flight ?

bucks
reviews: 2
14. Re: Kenya Airways delays, cancellations etc.

as long as you check in 30 hours in advance and i mean do it on the dot, 29 hours and you will have lost a load of seats...you should be fine

Manchester, United...
reviews: 72
15. Re: Kenya Airways delays, cancellations etc.

A tip I have found on KA, travelled back on 23rd January Nairobi - Amsterdam, could not check-in online as I had booked through KLM, on outgoing leg & this returning on waiting until the last minute to actually board, the back of the plane was full but the middle section was nearly empty. Unlike other carriers who insist you go to your seat they very kindly let me sit on one of the empty rows so on both the outward journey & return journey I had three seats to myself, yes the inflight entertainment was not working & the food was dire but when you can laze across three seat for an eight hour journey who cares. Unfortunately my husband came back on 4th Feb & his flight was full, its all the luck of the draw.

Also no delays but the staff at Nairobi Domestic Terminal are very rude, tried to charge for excess baggage which was non-existant !!!

Margate, United...
reviews: 25
16. Re: Kenya Airways delays, cancellations etc.

Ah have they changed the online check in from 24hrs to 3o now? Is it a 747 0r a 767 used in the LDN/Nairobi flights now?

Dublin
17. Re: Kenya Airways delays, cancellations etc.

Oh i meant to ask earlier, is there free alcohol on board with Kenyan Airways? Is it just the one or can you have a few?

Last time I flew with British Airways and I kinda got the feeling they were doing me a favour everytime i asked for a drink..

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
reviews: 51
18. Re: Kenya Airways delays, cancellations etc.

Hi,

Its free and they don't treat you like a criminal if you want a few, in fact they often ask you if you want more, they don't bat an eye if you ask for 2 wines or a wine and a beer

Dublin
19. Re: Kenya Airways delays, cancellations etc.

thats what i like to hear :)

20. Re: Kenya Airways delays, cancellations etc.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:27 am, October 13, 2009