We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kenya Airways delays, cancellations etc.

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Africa
reviews: 20
Kenya Airways delays, cancellations etc.

I would strongly recommend travel insurance when booking with KQ. In the past two weeks, there's been a spate of issues concerning lost baggage, flight delay, exhausted (hence rude) staff, unexplained cancellations on the domestic legs and on one memorable trip, a missing part hence forcing delay and then cancellation. They are going through some financial difficulty (70% loss) for the half-year reporting and I don't doubt that cutbacks are affecting scheduling and service.

I think they're just going through a rough patch but for now, better be safe than sorry.

arizona
reviews: 1
1. Re: Kenya Airways delays, cancellations etc.

Hi

This makes me nervous. Are these things happening on flights within the African Continent or from other countries outside of there? We will be flying from the US to UK and then to Kenya. We have travel insurance but our schedule is really tight.Thanks

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 8
2. Re: Kenya Airways delays, cancellations etc.

Read this recent thread:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294206-i9216-k236…

I do not think you stand any more of a chance being delayed by KQ than you do by any other carrier.

Pretoria, South...
reviews: 64
3. Re: Kenya Airways delays, cancellations etc.

sorry! but KQ have always had a very poor reputation locally in terms of delays, lost luggage and very rude staff (especially at the airport counters); worst bit is they are not cheap either.

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
reviews: 13
4. Re: Kenya Airways delays, cancellations etc.

A friend today has had her flight changed. She was due to come back to LHR with KA on 7th December and is now flying back on 4th December. She hasn't heard why the change.

London, United...
5. Re: Kenya Airways delays, cancellations etc.

Tembofan this is very likely due to lack of passengers.

Nairobi
6. Re: Kenya Airways delays, cancellations etc.

Absolutely! KQ is absolutely horrendous! They overbook all their flights and then bump people that have confirmed tickets. They provide no explanations and, yes, are VERY rude! shame - how can they call themselves the PRIDE of AFRICA...they are a disgrace.

Brussels, Belgium
7. Re: Kenya Airways delays, cancellations etc.

Hi all,

just to keep you updated on my ongoing tete a tete with KQ, all of the above,they were supposed to call me today to discuss my issues but told me by mail they tried to call without an answer, I told them i would publish the email of all the board members on TA if they do not call me, it looks as if I will have to carry out my threat so watch this space and I will also post the whole of my emails concerning these matters.

will keep you posted

agy

Dublin
8. Re: Kenya Airways delays, cancellations etc.

im flying with Kenyan Airways in March.

Anyone have any recent experiences to share? Good/Bad?

bucks
reviews: 2
9. Re: Kenya Airways delays, cancellations etc.

djustoe,

we have just returned from Kenya and flew KQ, No delays, no cancellations, staff were good, no lost luggage although on the nairobi/mombasa internal flight i do think they kick the luggage around, ours is still recovering.

all good really, apart from food a bit naff.

Oh I have one very wise tip...check in online 30 hours before!!!!

Dublin
10. Re: Kenya Airways delays, cancellations etc.

thanks lovetotravelBucks

did you have a good time?

You want to share any good tips you picked up on your trip?

thanks