We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nairobi Airport - Sleeping lounge

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Nairobi Airport - Sleeping lounge

Hey

Does anyone know if the sleeper rooms are available, how to get to them and how much they cost?

Looking at arriving at 930PM and then flying out at 7AM the next day (which means i have to be there at 5AM?) ...

would be better to sleep at the airport then get to a hotel and leave in like 5 hours?

Thanks

Telford, Shropshire
reviews: 66
1. Re: Nairobi Airport - Sleeping lounge

Hi emstacks

I don't know if there are sleeping rooms at the Nairobi Airport but I thought your question needed looking at so I've "bumped" it to the top for you.

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
reviews: 13
2. Re: Nairobi Airport - Sleeping lounge

This is an earlier post by Asifiwe.....

After several attempts on reaching the marketing department of Kenya Airports Authorities , I have managed to confirm that there is a sleep and shower facility at JKIA next to Gate 4 internatinal Departures. The Cell no. of the Airport Manager is 0733886025.

Charges:- Single Room 0 to 04hrs USD25.00

4-08Hrs USD40.00

8-24Hrs USD 60.00

www.sleepinginairports.net/list.asp…

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 2
3. Re: Nairobi Airport - Sleeping lounge

There is another post by me saying I actually went and looked at it! You go to the low end of departure gates and there are stairs signed to Gate 3. Next to the stairs, there is a lift. Go down one floor and continue in the same direction and it is on the left. The rooms looked clean and there was a small kitchen with facilities for making hot drinks. There was also a microwave for heating up food - I guess if you carry your uneaten food from the plane, or buy in one of the cafes in Departures (which is the same as Arrivals!)

I gather they can arrange for you to get your luggage.

Certainly sound a good idea for you. You won't need a visa that way!

Sydney, Australia
4. Re: Nairobi Airport - Sleeping lounge

fantastic - wont organise a hotel then - will just hire one of those rooms - any idea how much they cost?

Sydney, Australia
5. Re: Nairobi Airport - Sleeping lounge

and i should ask can they be reserved?

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
6. Re: Nairobi Airport - Sleeping lounge

Tembofan has quoted me above!

More than that, I don't know.

Sydney, Australia
7. Re: Nairobi Airport - Sleeping lounge

so sorry didnt see tembofan's post - not sure what i was looking at ...

thanks so much for all the help people :)

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
8. Re: Nairobi Airport - Sleeping lounge

Emstacks - let me know quickly if you'd like me to try to find out more. When are you coming? We have visitors flying out on Monday and I can ask them to look (if I remember!). Otherwise I'll go myself in mid-November if I have time.

Anyone who checks in early has plenty of time to go and look!

One word of warning - there was no sign to the place at all!! I did comment on this and suggested they put directions upstairs. When you get there, it is called Sleep n Shower.

Sydney, Australia
9. Re: Nairobi Airport - Sleeping lounge

im flying in on November 27th - so will be looking at that night ...

so any more information would be great before then :)

however i am just going to arrive around 930PM follow your directions and see how i go :)

10. Re: Nairobi Airport - Sleeping lounge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 am, October 07, 2009