We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Talisman Restaurant

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Telford, Shropshire
reviews: 71
Talisman Restaurant

Hi, can anyone tell me where in Nairobi the Talisman is? I know it's in Karen on the Ngong road, but the Ngong road is very long! Anyone been or got any ideas where it might be?

Also, could do with some ideas of what it's like, was going to do Carnivore but have spotted this restaurant being mentioned on TA.

Will be staying at the Jacaranda, we have transport to the restaurant (whichever we choose) but could do with knowing how long etc.

Ta, Min x

keniata
reviews: 5
1. Re: Talisman Restaurant

You drive all the way to Karen shopping center. From the shopping center you proceed with ngong road towards the direction of Ngong. From the karen shopping center its approximately 20meters on your right.

Telford, Shropshire
2. Re: Talisman Restaurant

Asante Sana ma rafiki.

keniata
reviews: 5
3. Re: Talisman Restaurant

Karibu tena!!

Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 3
4. Re: Talisman Restaurant

Talisman is my local and one of the only restaurants I dine at in Nairobi. It's reviewed (by me and others) here on TA and I've also mentioned it several times in previous posts if you do a search.

Fantastic food, great location, wonderful service. Bar and lounge area is cosy but be aware these *not* non-smoking although there is a nice area with a fireplace set aside for non-smokers. Slightly on the pricey side but well worth it. Not open on Mondays. If you want a table on Friday or Saturday night or Sunday lunchtime it's essential to call and reserve first: +254 20 883213.

One good thing (don't flame me for this!) is that you won't find many tourists there. It's nearly all locals and the Karen "worthies".

Don't even bother with Carnivore - it's gone downhill and is not up to much these days.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 2
5. Re: Talisman Restaurant

Sounds like my kind of place masaimiss :-)

Telford, Shropshire
6. Re: Talisman Restaurant

Hi MasaiMiss

Thanks for your post. I know there have been lots from you, but I was too lazy to go trawling through the thousands of posts on TA!! as yet, I don't know how to do a "specific" search on any particular topic so your reply helped. I needed to know where it was as I'm a very organised person and I'd like to know how far I'm travelling. As for it being mainly local, that's even better, I like to do local when in Kenya, it's just that this will be the first time in several visits we've ventured out and about in Nairobi, we've normally not got enough time.

So, I'll consider myself suitably chastised for not searching before asking!!! But thanks for the help anyway, it's much appreciated.

Asante sana

7. Re: Talisman Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, October 11, 2009