We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nairobi Airport

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Salisbury, United...
Nairobi Airport

We usually use the Kenya Airways lounge between flights but next time we travel, we have a 6 hour wait - 6pm 'til midnight. Is there anywhere else that would be more comfortable i.e. with 'soft' seating and meal service?

Dartford, United...
reviews: 26
1. Re: Nairobi Airport

Yes, any Nairobi hotel! We had a similar wait between flights this weekend, slightly longer as it turned out. We had intended to go to the Panari which is about 15 minutes from the airport but ended up going to the Serena in town as we had more time. We arrived back at the airport an hour before our KQ flight as we already had our boarding passes to UK, plenty of time to get through security & immigration (both quiet as everyone had gone through by that time), duty free & still a long wait in the departure lounge.

Worth thinking about rather than being stuck in the airport for such a long time.

Galway, Ireland
reviews: 5
2. Re: Nairobi Airport

i heard there are rooms available at nairobi airport. they are strictly for transit passengers. asking on arrival may not be easy, as not all staff are knowledgeable about facilities. i heard you have to head for gate 4 and there are stairs going down by the lift. this will take you to the rooms and they have shared shower/wc facilites and very clean indeed. i heard they they charge for rooms by the periods like 0-4hrs, 4-8hrs. the food court at nairobi airport is really good, we tried the pizza parlour and was very happy.

again this room facility is for transit passengers only who are awaiting connection flight. its not for people who arrive early for their flight and expect to get entry into airport so they can go and sleep till next day.

Sydney, Australia
3. Re: Nairobi Airport

yes i asked a similar question in another post before you - regarding sleeper rooms.

This is an earlier post by Asifiwe..... and tembofan

After several attempts on reaching the marketing department of Kenya Airports Authorities , I have managed to confirm that there is a sleep and shower facility at JKIA next to Gate 4 internatinal Departures. The Cell no. of the Airport Manager is 0733886025.

Charges:- Single Room 0 to 04hrs USD25.00

4-08Hrs USD40.00

8-24Hrs USD 60.00

www.sleepinginairports.net/list.asp…

Also:

There is another post by me saying I actually went and looked at it! You go to the low end of departure gates and there are stairs signed to Gate 3. Next to the stairs, there is a lift. Go down one floor and continue in the same direction and it is on the left. The rooms looked clean and there was a small kitchen with facilities for making hot drinks. There was also a microwave for heating up food - I guess if you carry your uneaten food from the plane, or buy in one of the cafes in Departures (which is the same as Arrivals!)

I gather they can arrange for you to get your luggage.

Certainly sound a good idea for you. You won't need a visa that way!

4. Re: Nairobi Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:36 am, October 11, 2009