We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sports Tourism in Kenya

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nairobi
Sports Tourism in Kenya

The Kenyan athletes are known around the world as the best long distance runners. Year in year out athletes from different countries do their best to measure up and still the dominance of Kenyans continues.... In this line the Kenyan government is developing sports tourism in Kenya.

Very soon, you will be able to run besides the likes of Paul Tergat.

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
reviews: 46
1. Re: Sports Tourism in Kenya

I wouldn't be alongside him for long!! ;o)

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 2
2. Re: Sports Tourism in Kenya

I prefer to watch ! and if you do insist in me taking part

"if I'm not there in 5mins, start without me"

Nairobi
3. Re: Sports Tourism in Kenya

Personally, I think this is a great prospect because for a long time a holiday in Kenya mainly comprised of Sun,Sand and wildlife... and sports tourism brings in a new element into it and truth be told,our sporting greats are such an attraction....

Even for us locals, a picture with Marathoner Paul Tergat is quite a souvenir.....

and once this product is up and running even as a local tourist... It will be an honour to run along Tecla Lorupe or Jelimo.....

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
4. Re: Sports Tourism in Kenya

Codero,

Didn't mean to be disrespctful, I was just joking about that at the speed that I would run at I would only keep up with him for one step.

Hope the scheme is a success

Nairobi
5. Re: Sports Tourism in Kenya

Hi Doff,

Not to worry, in fact I enjoyed the humor in your posts.... not that am that fit but for sure If i was to run along one of these greats...i would be so honoured.

Maybe it would inspire me to run more often.

Which country are you at....what touristic aspect is popular in your country???

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
6. Re: Sports Tourism in Kenya

Hi Codero,

I'm in the UK, our biggest tourist aspect is 2000+ years of our history. Our histroric cities, London, Edinburgh, Oxford, Cambridge, York, Stratford upon Avon (for Shakespeare) etc. Our historic monuments like Stoenhenge, Hadrian's wall. Our landscapes, the Lake District, Scottish Highlands, Cotswolds, etc.

Let's face it no-one would come here for the weather!!

Nairobi
7. Re: Sports Tourism in Kenya

Hi Doff,

Certainly, the weather in the UK is an attraction in itself (LOL)- I was there for a year and it amazed how moment it was warm, suddenly cold....then it starts raining!

Liverpool was a good place, and the chapels were certainly an attraction.

How is the weather in Newcastle at the moment. Am not very knowledgable about Newcastle, what touristic sites do you have there?

8. Re: Sports Tourism in Kenya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 am, October 10, 2009