We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do while in Nairobi

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nairobi
Things to do while in Nairobi

On landing to Nairobi, some tours are tailored to give you a one day rest before you begin your safari the next day. When we traveled with africapoint.com, we were lucky to reach early and had a whole afternoon to spend.

We visited Karen Blixen one of the places where the famous out of Africa movie was filmed and also got to feed the giraffe at the giraffe center. Our day ended with dinner at Carnivore Restaurant where we were treated to sumptuous game meat.

A remarkable day it was for a first day on vacation

Nairobi, Kenya
reviews: 3
1. Re: Things to do while in Nairobi

In addition to the Giraffe Centre I would also recommend the Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage and the KWS Animal Orphanage.

As far as I am aware, Carnivore no longer serves game meat. At least, it didn't three weeks ago when I popped in for lunch! It also, despite the name, does have a vegetarian menu for anyone wondering.

Nice "subliminal" plug for your company there... think anyone wouldn't notice? ;-)

Mombasa
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Tsavo National Park East
reviews: 45
2. Re: Things to do while in Nairobi

if you are in Karen, the Karen Blixen Coffee Graden is a nice place to relax or have lunch.

Also please do not mis to stop at the Kakuzi Bids, just round the Corner from Karen Blixen Museum. In this project jung Mothers and ladies make klay bids by hand real good designs at a good price, and you support needy at the same time.

3. Re: Things to do while in Nairobi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 pm, October 08, 2009