We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on car rental company 4X4 with driver

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
141 posts
18 reviews
Advice on car rental company 4X4 with driver

Hello!

Any advice on 4x4 car rental company with driver as well as daily cost all inclusive!

Thank you!

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
Level Contributor
6,840 posts
19 reviews
1. Re: Advice on car rental company 4X4 with driver

Definitely hire a driver as the roads can be terrible and the matatu drivers even worse!

Its a few years ago but we had a contact called Peter at Hertz in Nairobi. We had the use of a car and driver the whole time we were there. Try this e-mail address: info@hertz.co.ke - maybe he's still there. Can't remember the cost.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
297 posts
2. Re: Advice on car rental company 4X4 with driver

I have a friend who is native to Kenya and lives in Nairobi. He's a cabbie and owns two vehicles. He charges himself out at a day-rate.

I have used his services twice in two years while I was in the Nairobi area.

Note: he can go out of Nairobi too, if that is what you want.

He's a big burly fella that reminds me of a teddy bear. he is ex-military and ex-security------so he would look after you well.

If you are interested, drop me a note and i can give you his contact details.

cheers,

Georgina

nyc
Level Contributor
14,023 posts
3. Re: Advice on car rental company 4X4 with driver

If as your other post you plan to visit Sammburu and the Masai Mara, even with a rented vehicle/driver, once there you have to pay for his room/board and park fees (even if his are at resident rates).

Why not simply contact a Nairobi tour outfitter - tell them what you're looking for - when, where, type of lodging, budget, etc. - who can arrange all.

A whole lot easier than Picking 1 from Column A, 1 from Column B.

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
5,856 posts
14 reviews
4. Re: Advice on car rental company 4X4 with driver

David Tours are a highly respected car Hire company

email davidtours@swiftmombasa.com they are Kato Member and highly experienced.

5. Re: Advice on car rental company 4X4 with driver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, October 06, 2009