We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight from Nbo to Tel Aviv

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City
3 posts
Flight from Nbo to Tel Aviv

I need to fly from Nairobi to Tel Aviv. Does anyone know which airlines fly this route?

Tel Aviv
2 posts
1. Re: Flight from Nbo to Tel Aviv

Ethiopian Air does, vis Addis. I think that Swissair does also, via a European layover.

New York
1 post
2. Re: Flight from Nbo to Tel Aviv

Did you ever find a direct flight, NBO-TlV. I also need to arrange a flight, and looking for information (other than Ethiopian Airways)

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: Flight from Nbo to Tel Aviv

Try El Al

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
Level Contributor
2,592 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Flight from Nbo to Tel Aviv

Sorry folks, at the moment there is no direct flight from Nairobi to Tel Aviv.

El Al used to do it, but stopped after the Mombasa terrorist incident. They did say they might start again, but I haven't heard that they have done so.

The cheapest and most straightforward is Ethiopian. They are very good. The major problem is the stopover in Addis in the middle of the night. If you can afford Business Class, the Business lounge at Bole (Addis) is very nice. Also they do change the timetable every so often!

Another alternative you can use is Swiss Airlines. This involves a change in Zurich. It seems to be the next cheapest if Ethiopian is full. It is also very good. Going from Kenya was easy, but the return involved a night in Zurich. It is a longer flight, so more chance to sleep than on the Addis route, which is two relatively short flights.

Another possibility is Kenya Airways to Cairo, but I am not sure about the good onward connection now. It is some years since I used that one.

Let me know if I can help further.