We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nairobi Excursions

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Nairobi Excursions

Does anybody know the cost to visit the following places?

Nairobi National Park for 2 pax included the entrance and transportation and the best to go or to book with

How much is the price of a dinner in Carnivore Restaurant

And if we want to go to Karen Blixen , Giraffe manor for 2 pax included the entrance and transportation and the best to go or to book with

Your help is needed and appreciated

nyc
1. Re: Nairobi Excursions

Your tour operator can arrange visit to Nairobi Natl Park, Karen Blixen Museum, Giraffe Center and meal at Carnivore - including driver, vehicle, entry fees, cost of meal.

Otherwise, the hotel Tour Desk can arrange for you.

Telford, Shropshire
reviews: 66
2. Re: Nairobi Excursions

Carnivore for eat as much as you like is $45 minimum pax. see below (sorry don't know how to do a link but you could cut and paste)

kenyasafaripackages.com/nairobisafari-excurs…

Park fees for Nairobi is $40 pax

Karen Blixen museum is 800 shillings pax

http://www.museums.or.ke/content/view/88/79/

Giraffe manor link (not sure of price)

http://www.giraffemanor.com/

Elephant orphanage (not sure of price)

www.sheldrickwildlifetrust.org/index.asp

for your transportation - I'd ask at the hotel if I were you or you could hire a driver and vehicle for the day with someone like Rhino Safari's (let me know if you want their contact details and I'll PM them to you.

Hope this helps. Min x

Manchester
reviews: 8
3. Re: Nairobi Excursions

MinMcleod

I would be very interested in your recommended 'driver for the day'. This is exactly what we are hoping to do. Based in Karen for a couple of days we want to take in Nairobi NP and the Hippo Pool, Girraffe Centre and the Elephant Orphanage in one day and dont want to be getting seperate taxis every hour or two. Any idea what the daily rate may be and what type of vehicle they would use?

Carmel, California
reviews: 11
4. Re: Nairobi Excursions

The $45 price for the Carnivore includes transportation. It doesn't cost that much for the meal itself although I'm unsure of the exact cost. You can probably send them an email and ask reservations@carnivore.co.ke

Steve,

You don't have to take separate taxis. You can hire a taxi for the day and they'll wait for you at each location. The last time I hired a taxi for the day, I paid 5500 KES but this has probably gone up with fuel prices. You can inquire with a company like JimCab info@jimcab.co.ke

If going to Nairobi NP, then it would be beneficial to have a guide and safari vehicle. Here are some sample excursion costs http://www.essafari.co.ke/shortexcursions.htm

Another option is to ask a tour operator for their day hire rate. This will most likely be higher than a cab.

Hope this helps.

Carmel, California
reviews: 11
5. Re: Nairobi Excursions

Day hire rate from a tour operator for a safari vehicle and guide will probably run in the $150 range.

London
6. Re: Nairobi Excursions

I agree with Pattyc its better to contact a tour operator and the rate will be btn 150-200 usd but that means u shld decide on ur timings for the park as well as the those of daphne sheldrick which usually open btn 10 and 11 which mean u do the excursion first and then maybe go to the park in the afternoon from 2pm..

My preference..

Start with Daphne Sheldrick..Proceed to Girafe centre and Karen blixen and in the afternoon have a game drive at nbo national park and then be dropped at your hotel...as for recommendations try with www.diwakasafaris.com or just email direct to joseph@diwakasafaris.com..I have used them and they are superb.

keniata
reviews: 5
7. Re: Nairobi Excursions

The best time to visit the Nairobi national park is Early morning. This means you be at the park ar around 0700 hrs kenyan time.

This is the best time because you get a good chance especially for viewing th lions which can be very difficult to trace after the sun comes up.

After this excursion, you can then be at the David sheldrick animal orphanage at 1100 as they are opening and stay there till 1200 when they close the doors when you leave for the Carnivore restaurant for your lunch break.

Spend like two hours at the carnivore then leave for the Karen Blixen museum and later a visit to the Giraffe cnter where you can whileaway the remaining part of the day.

All these places are located within the same locality of Langata and Kasren so very minimal time is spent moving from one site to the other

8. Re: Nairobi Excursions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:20 pm, October 05, 2009