We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Volunteering

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new canaan,ct.
reviews: 2
Volunteering

I will be in Nairobi for two weeks in January 2006 and want to do some volunteer work at orphanages. Does anyone know of any opportunities for short term volunteering in Nariobi? i will not need housing.Thanks!

Nairobi
1. Re: Volunteering

I don't know if you allready have found some volunteer project. Short term volunteering is often difficult to find. I have heard of a good project although it's not exactly what you are looking for I guess: www.meetthekenyans.com. Or maybe they can help you further. Good luck and enjoy!

Pittsburgh, PA
2. Re: Volunteering

I just returned from two weeks in Kenya working with a group called KMET, which works on women's reproductive health care issues, and has an orphan project component (full and partial orphans whose parents have died of AIDS). They definitely could use the help. If you want more info on KMET email me at jchirsh@hotmail.com.

California
3. Re: Volunteering

Please contact this person in Nairobi. I'm going November 12th to visit the orphanages. Please say Wanda referred you. fafwai@swiftkenya.com

Nairobi
4. Re: Volunteering

There is the Nyumbani Children's Home for HIV/AIDS orphans, St. Barnados Home, Mama Ngina Children's Home. It all depends on what you want to do as a volunteer (i.e. teaching, painting, cleaning) then you can organize with one of them and book early espcially if you settle for Nyumbani since they receive so many requests. Two weeks is adequate.