We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

prescription drugs

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
north of england
reviews: 37
prescription drugs

We are off to kenya in 5 weeks and looking forward to it. I am on quite a bit of medication unfortunately. Has any one had experiences at customs with prescription drugs? I usually sort out my tablets into seperate compartments and do not take original packaging as it takes up so much room, but if I remember someone was stopped going into South Africa without original packets, any advice for Kenya. Thanks

Newcastle upon...
reviews: 28
1. Re: prescription drugs

While i have never took in meds it stands to reason they must be in original packaging otherwise they could be anything.

Colden, New York
reviews: 72
2. Re: prescription drugs

I take 5 different meds and always when traveling take the original script containers to avoid any problems. Even though it may take up little more room at least don't have to worry about questions from customs. Have a great time in Africa!

Thousand Oaks...
reviews: 64
3. Re: prescription drugs

I sometimes think I am a traveling pharmacy myself. My carry on is about 1/4 medications. I always carry the prescription drugs in the original packaging, or at least with the front label of the packaging so I can show that they were prescribed to me. If by chance you get inspected, that is what the custom inpectors are looking for in most cases. Are the drugs prescribed to you for your use? I do have some bulky drugs that I take out of the original packing but I keep the front of the original box along with me to show should I get stopped. Its never happened but I like to be safe.

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
reviews: 15
4. Re: prescription drugs

If you are worried maybe a short letter listing the drugs from your GP would put your mind at rest.

5. Re: prescription drugs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 pm, September 30, 2009