We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Information /Advice from Nairobi Airport?

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Any Information /Advice from Nairobi Airport?

Hello every one out there...

I am going to Tanzania using Kenyan Airways and I am going to be on Transit @ Nairobi Airport for (5 hours)..I dont think I am allowed to get out from the Airport since I dont have any Kenyan Viza.....so, I would like to know the best way to past the time? is there any Shopping center or Cafe bars/restaurants/Internet cafe's?.,..or any other useful Information? Thank You

Carmel, California
reviews: 11
1. Re: Any Information /Advice from Nairobi Airport?

There's Java House Coffee at one end of the terminal and there's a small snack bar at the other end. There are a few shops and internet cafes and that's about it. It's not a great airport to pass time in and it can be difficult to find a place to sit. To leave the airport, you'll need to buy a transit visa.

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
reviews: 13
2. Re: Any Information /Advice from Nairobi Airport?

Or grab an opportunity for a few hours sleep and use one of the sleep rooms.

Nairobi
3. Re: Any Information /Advice from Nairobi Airport?

Welcome to East Africa. You are right that you cannot be allowed out of airport and is not worthy $50 visa because 3 hours not enough to do much in Nairobi city.

However, you will find restaurants like Java for best coffee, duty free shops & u can buy postcards among other items.

Enjoy your stay in Tanzania.

London
4. Re: Any Information /Advice from Nairobi Airport?

pathyC, Tembofan & Migration.... Thank you all guys

I get the picture! :)

5. Re: Any Information /Advice from Nairobi Airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:30 am, January 04, 2012
6. Re: Any Information /Advice from Nairobi Airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, September 30, 2009