We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi fares from airport to city

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane
taxi fares from airport to city

can anyone advise what the current taxi fare should be from the international airport to the city centre? I will be staying at the Meridian Court Hotel which I think is pretty central. I have been quoted $25US each way by the hotel. Is that a reasonable price to pay?

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 10
1. Re: taxi fares from airport to city

that is a fair price if your hotel is on the opposite side of the city to the airport.

If your hotel is central to the city or is on the airport side of the city, then you should pay no more than $20USD each way.

cheers,

G.

England
reviews: 13
2. Re: taxi fares from airport to city

I returned from Nairobi yesterday and paid 1,500 Kenyan Shillings (about $25US) for a taxi to the airport from the city centre. You may be able to get the price cheaper by negotiating with a taxi driver at the airport on arrival, there is alot of competition, but this can be hassle after a long journey. I would have one pre arranged and waiting for you on arrival at the price offered by the hotel

London, United...
3. Re: taxi fares from airport to city

The answers easy, 100Ksh per Kilometre.

nyc
4. Re: taxi fares from airport to city

USD$25 is more than reasonable. And for certain, you don't want to be negotiating even for $5 after your long flights.

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 13
5. Re: taxi fares from airport to city

you might find the prices increased very slightly as the petrol has risen to 100/- per litre

Carmel, California
reviews: 11
6. Re: taxi fares from airport to city

$25 is reasonable. A taxi may cost you slightly less but not by that much.

Brisbane
7. Re: taxi fares from airport to city

Thanks everyone for your replies. I agree it's not worth arguing over a few dollars after a 13 hr flight from Hong Kong! Will take up on the hotel's offer of $25 transfer.

8. Re: taxi fares from airport to city

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 pm, September 29, 2009