We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nairobi Airport hotels

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 3
Nairobi Airport hotels

Hi all,

I know this question has been asked a million times but does anyone know of any good and safe hotels near Jomo Kenyatta airport?

I've checked the Hilton website and they have no availability for the dates in December that I need. I had a look at Fairview but it has had some bad reviews on here.

I'll be travelling with my sister so we want something that's quite safe for two girls travelling on their own.

nyc
1. Re: Nairobi Airport hotels

Most people love the Fairview, so a few negatives, might have to do with the individual travelers. But the hotel is lovely, with beautiful gardens where meals can be taken. Besides, this hotel is probably the safest in Nairobi being located across the street from the Israel Embassy. Very secure!

Otherwise, there's the Intercontinental, The Stanley, The Norfolk, The Safari Club... all in center city; or try Macushla House a small 6/room B&B in the suburg of Karen. The only decent hotel close to the JKIA airport is the Panari (10/min ride).

There are many more, depending on what you wish to pay.

London
2. Re: Nairobi Airport hotels

What about the Hilton hotel?

mombasa
3. Re: Nairobi Airport hotels

The nearest hotel to the JKIA is Panari. it is out of traffic and about 15 minutes to the airport.

London
reviews: 9
4. Re: Nairobi Airport hotels

We stayed at the Hilton last month. Nice hotel, very friendly staff. 20-30 minutes from the airport and you can ring them and arrange with the conciege service to meet you at the airport.

Was a thoroughly pleasant experience!

Kenya
reviews: 4
5. Re: Nairobi Airport hotels

Intercontinental and Nairobi Safari club are good hotels. They are in the city centre.

windsor gold club is good too but quite far from the airport

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 2
6. Re: Nairobi Airport hotels

It also depends on how long you will be staying in Nairobi - overnight, a day or what? The journey to the Airport can be a nightmare in the rush hour. What is your budget? I assume that it is good, otherwise you would not be looking at the Hilton! However, it is in the centre of town and you may prefer to be somewhere on a direct road to the Airport.

West Seattle
7. Re: Nairobi Airport hotels

Actually there is one more kind of secret option. Depending on how adventurous you are, there are simple sleeping rooms in JKO airport. I stayed overnight there about a year ago and the room, with a cot, was perfectly adequate for the 12 hours I had to kill, and vastly preferable and cheaper than transit visa, taxi into town, hotel, 5 AM taxi out, which is basically $150 minimum expense. I think it was $40 for the night.

The rooms are at the very very opposite end of the international terminal from the Java House coffee bar. Down some stairs.

Here are photos. Simple, spartan, safe. Night desk guy sitting there all night watching tv (bring earplugs and/or a sleeping pill).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/18109025@N00/2533116042/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/18109025@N00/2532300337/

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 2
8. Re: Nairobi Airport hotels

I think you mean Sleep 'n' Shower at Nairobi Airport. I tried to follow your link for the photos, but it doesn't work. Can you kindly post it again?

That is why I asked how much time Hansi and sister had in Nairobi. If it is 24hrs, they may want to get out of the Airport.

London
9. Re: Nairobi Airport hotels

It's more than 24 hours, so we've decided to book the Hilton, because I've had recommendations for there now, and I hear its quite safe. I looked at the Panari but its very expensive!!

West Seattle
10. Re: Nairobi Airport hotels

The link got broken, copy and paste if it breaks at the @ sign.

<http://www.flickr.com/photos/18109025@N00/2533116042/>