We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kenyatta airport sleep rooms?

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
kenyatta airport sleep rooms?

I have an overnight layover in Kenyatta airport. Does anyone have information on the sleep rooms there?

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
reviews: 13
1. Re: kenyatta airport sleep rooms?

This is an earlier post by Asifiwe.....

After several attempts on reaching the marketing department of Kenya Airports Authorities , I have managed to confirm that there is a sleep and shower facility at JKIA next to Gate 4 internatinal Departures. The Cell no. of the Airport Manager is 0733886025.

Charges:- Single Room 0 to 04hrs USD25.00

4-08Hrs USD40.00

8-24Hrs USD 60.00

New York
2. Re: kenyatta airport sleep rooms?

Thanks so much. I'll take advantage of it.

canada
3. Re: kenyatta airport sleep rooms?

This response may be too late, but wanted to say that I have stayed in the rooms at the airport and they are basic but clean. Ask for a room at the end of the hallway, however, because if you are too close to the reception desk, you'll be kept awake by people chatting.

New York
4. Re: kenyatta airport sleep rooms?

Thanks for the reply - not travelling until mid July. I know it's by Gate 4, but do you remember if their is good signage and easy to locate, or do I have to ask around to find the sleep and shower rooms. Thanks.

Overtornea, Sweden
reviews: 31
5. Re: kenyatta airport sleep rooms?

Do they have double-rooms, too and does anyone know the rates for these?

I know Tembofan already provided the mobile phone number, but can these rooms be booked through an e-mail address or homepage as well?

Has anyone any pics to share of the airport rooms?

We`ll be back in Kenya for our third trip in January and we`re having a hard time choosing between the last night at either the Nairobi airport sleep rooms or in the city, before our morning 10am flight goes back home to Europe.

Looking forward to some replies!

Annika&Peter

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
reviews: 13
6. Re: kenyatta airport sleep rooms?

Take a look at this website - the budget travellers guide to sleeping in airports - www.sleepinginairports.net/list.asp…

Quite a few reviews of Nairobi.

Carmel, California
reviews: 11
7. Re: kenyatta airport sleep rooms?

Hi Annika,

There are some photos in this thread tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294207-i9695-k199…

However, I'm pretty sure the rooms are located airside so you'd have to be checked-in for your flight and through passport control and security to access them. I don't think it would work if you're simply departing Nairobi (as opposed to in transit).

Overtornea, Sweden
reviews: 31
8. Re: kenyatta airport sleep rooms?

Thanks all for the infos and the link to the photos! I think we will book our last night in Nairobi through our safari operator and stay at a Nairobi hotel anyway!

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 2
9. Re: kenyatta airport sleep rooms?

Somene went to look at them for me a few weeks ago, but I've not heard back from her about them. It is by Gate 4, but I have never seen a sign. I'll try and look myself next week when I fly out. Yes, this is airside. Saves the cost of a visa as well as everything else if you are in transit.

When I asked Airport Information, there was no web or even e-mail address.

10. Re: kenyatta airport sleep rooms?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, September 28, 2009