We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Nairobi from Sicily??

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 6
How to get to Nairobi from Sicily??

I am having a hard time figuring out a route to get there from here at the end of May. I will have two small children traveling with me. I saw an Egypt air flight out of Rome for 1000+ euro but was just hoping to find something atleast a tiny bit cheaper. Does anyone know of any airlines in Europe? The typical search engines I use don't help me between Sicily and Africa. I'm new at this!!

nyc
1. Re: How to get to Nairobi from Sicily??

To start, there are the following:

- KLM out of Amsterdam

- British out of London, Heathrow

- Virgin out of London, Heathrow

- Swiss out our Zurich, Switz

- Brussels out of Brussels, Belgium

- Emirates out of London via Dubai

- Kenya Air out of London or Amsterdam

try the following search: www.kayak.com

Kayak doesn't book tickets but you can search for flights/fares; then you'll be directed to who is offering the flight. Can be the airline, a discounter or consolidator.

Chicago, Illinois
2. Re: How to get to Nairobi from Sicily??

Thank you kindly. I am so used to simply using travelocity and orbitz,etc. and nothing was showing up for Catania. I could probably figure out a way to fly out of London and so forth easily. (although it does seem a bit weird to fly so far north to then go south. ugh :) ) thanks again!!!!!

Newcastle upon...
reviews: 23
3. Re: How to get to Nairobi from Sicily??

Are there no flights between Italian cities and Nairobi? im sure you know this answer but i thought there would be with the Italian presence in Malindi.

nyc
4. Re: How to get to Nairobi from Sicily??

And lots of Italian everywhere in East Africa.

A quick check on kayak, BA and KLM have the least expensive from FCO (Rome) via LHR or AMS, under USD$1000. Children, depending on age probably get discounted prices.

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 2
5. Re: How to get to Nairobi from Sicily??

I've used Swiss from Zurich - much easier than going via LHR or AMS.

I do know that Al Italia has been in talks withg KLM (and Kenya Airways) which have broken down!! I'm not a flight expert, but do know where I've been treated well!

I'm wondering if there is something via Addis Ababa?

Chicago, Illinois
6. Re: How to get to Nairobi from Sicily??

I only live in Sicily temporarily so I'm really new at figuring out the European travel system.. sorry for my stupid questions.

To fly to Rome is several hundred euro for the children and I so it's just going to be too costly I think to go. oh well! :)

nyc
7. Re: How to get to Nairobi from Sicily??

I believe on my search on kayak I might have seen flight on Ethiopian Air, but not sure which European city they depart.

Is there no low-cost air carrier in Italy that could get you from Sicily to Rome?

Chicago, Illinois
8. Re: How to get to Nairobi from Sicily??

Yes. Blu-express.com seems to be the cheapest. It'd be 200 euro to Rome. I think after that my cheapest way to get to Kenya is about $1700 with the kids. Part of it is all of the trips.. from here to Rome, to either Egypt or Ethiopia in the wee hours of the night, long long flights and I have a toddler and an infant and would be travling alone, to meet my husband. Just does not seem like the best thing to try to do right now. (husband is away for work right now and haven't seen him in months. I was just trying to find a way to see him for a week!)

Thank you for your help.

Albuquerque, New...
9. Re: How to get to Nairobi from Sicily??

Definitely try Ethiopian Air out of Rome through Addis to Nairobi.

Doing this, you shouldn't have to overnight in Rome (if that is your preference) and you don't have to go as far north to go south.

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 2
10. Re: How to get to Nairobi from Sicily??

I have always found Ethiopian very kind and helpful. The new Terminal at Addis (Bole)is good. If you have a transit of more than 8 hours, they put you in a Hotel free!! Let them know your needs in advance - especially if you need help with the children within the Terminal.

I travelled with them just before and not long after having hip replacement surgery and was looked after very well.