We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with accomodations

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
reviews: 3
Help with accomodations

Ok. We have booked our safari to Masai mara in August. Of course my daughter wants to arrive a day earlier and stay a few days longer. Can someone please recommend a hotel close to the Jomo Kenyatta airport with airport shuttle at least? I looked at the Panari Hotel and they are expensive and fully booked for arrival Aug. 2. Hilton Nairobi is about $120.00 (cbeapest I can find) but they are located closer to the Wilson airport. The youth hostels are very reasonably priced but they are located on the outskirts of town. My daughter is meeting with us at 6:00 am the next morning at the Jomo Kenyatta airport. So, a budget place close to Jomo Kenyatta will be very helpful.

Another request in this forum - she is staying a few extra days to go to Amboseli (for a view of Mt. Kili). Our last day of the safari takes us from the Ngorongoro Crater to Nairobi Jomo Kenyatta airport. Questions: (1) Is there a way she can go direct from Ngorongoro Crater to Amboseli without using a pre-arranged safari? (2) Are there public buses or shared shuttles that she can take from Nairobi or Arusha to Amboseli? (3) Lodging at Amboseli with a view of Mt. Kili - any suggestions? She is on a budget so is not looking for anything fancy.

Thank you.

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 2
11. Re: Help with accomodations

The last two posts are about a year late!!

Virginia - where DID she stay in the end!!?

Dublin
reviews: 5
12. Re: Help with accomodations

can anyone advise how much I should expect to pay for a decent clean hotel in the city center, triple room.

THanks

Nairobi
13. Re: Help with accomodations

Reserve a room at The Mvuli House, no other hotel will march the place in terms of good value for your money. I have their contact email Address as info@mvulihouse.com, Tel: +254 20 608052. You may talk to Jacque.. she really assisted during my last visit.

Let me know how you'll find the place.

chao,

Isabell

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
reviews: 18
14. Re: Help with accomodations

Rather obvious fish ????

15. Re: Help with accomodations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:36 am, November 18, 2009