We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

safety in Nairobi airport?

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
reviews: 1
safety in Nairobi airport?

Hello--

My sister and I are traveling to Tanzania, via Nairobi in July. Can anyone advise on the current safety standards of the airport? I have read mixed reviews and would appreciate an insider's advice. We don't plan on leaving the airport, simply will make a connection. Thanks so much.

Thousand Oaks...
reviews: 58
1. Re: safety in Nairobi airport?

You are as safe in Nairobi airport as in any airport. Given the news today, things should be back to normal well before you arrive in July.

Romford, United...
reviews: 33
2. Re: safety in Nairobi airport?

my wife and i have just returned from mombasa , and changed flights at nairobi on tuesday 26th feb 08 at 10pm to connect with a flight to heathrow at 2352 hrs there is extra security at both the airports we used, we felt 100% safe so no worries, bjmlewis

New York
reviews: 1
3. Re: safety in Nairobi airport?

thanks for the advice--i appreciate it

London, United...
4. Re: safety in Nairobi airport?

Nairobi airport is safe and security is good.

For those who have a DOMESTIC connecting flight (i.e Mombasa) when crossing the road to the other terminal don't have gold watches, wallets, etc on display or wads of cash hanging out your pockets and you shouldn't have any problems.

Same principle on the beaches, if you are wearing shorts, a tee shirt and some flip flops you are hardly inviting a mugging where as if you are carrying mobile phones, cameras etc you are.

Common sense prevails!

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 2
5. Re: safety in Nairobi airport?

I have been using Nairobi Airport for over 33 years and have NEVER had a problem. I usually just transfer from Domestic to International for going out of Kenya and from International Arrivals to Domestic on arrival back here. My only problem is that the short walk from Domestic to International departures is not trolley friendly!!

6. Re: safety in Nairobi airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, September 21, 2009