We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Arusha

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth Australia
reviews: 149
Getting to Arusha

Can anyone tell me how to get to Arusha by road from Nairobi and is it a drive worth doing?

Also how far is it to Mombassa from Nairobi?

I will be flying in from Dubai and wasn't sure whether to go direct to Dar es Salaam or Nairobi before going onto Arusha?

Thanks

Ross (Pisang)

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 10
1. Re: Getting to Arusha

pisang,

I have a friend that lives in Arusha. He says that there is a bus service that leaves Nairobi daily (in the morning) to Arusha. It is about a 5 hr trip.

After having done a safari in Kenya last year, I would recommend the ride. The landscapes are awesome to see.

I am heading back to Nairobi in June and plan to take the ride from Nairobi myself to Arusha this time instead of flying as i did last time to Arusha (Kilimanjaro Airport). Kilimanjaro airport is only about 50km from Arusha.

Sorry, can't help on the distance from Nairobi to Mombassa.

cheers,

Georgina

Perth Australia
2. Re: Getting to Arusha

Thanks for that G. I really appreciate your information as I am keen to see to countryside!

If anyone knows how to book the bus to Arusha, please let me know!

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 2
3. Re: Getting to Arusha

Nairobi to Mombasa is about 500 km or 300 miles. Downhill!!

Nairobi
4. Re: Getting to Arusha

we have 2 shuttles in the morning and 2 in the afternoon. Riverside and Impala shuttles. depending on your departure time, which one would you prefer?

Perth Australia
5. Re: Getting to Arusha

Thanks for the info. I have emailed you direct. Does anyone know about Amboseli and if it is on the way to Arusha from Nairobi or should it be done as a separate trip?

We just want to see Mt Kilimanjaro and do the photo thing so any suggestions apopreciated.

Ross (Pisang)

6. Re: Getting to Arusha

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, September 21, 2009