We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mobiles/Internet access in Nairobi,Tanzania and Zanzibar

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stockton Heath...
reviews: 59
Mobiles/Internet access in Nairobi,Tanzania and Zanzibar

We are flying to Nairobi on 11th Feb, if still allowed, and flying to Kilimanjaro to cut out the road trip through Kenya. I´m still very unsure whether travel is going ahead with Kuoni and Air Kenya but that apart I need advice re mobile calls and internet access. I have a small business in Spain and have normally had my calls diverted with no problems (apart from the cost!!)from everywhere I have travelled to. Does anyone know what the situation is in these areas? Will my calls-only urgent ones hopefully-get through as normal or do I need to make other arrangements? How easy will internet access be?

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 2
1. Re: Mobiles/Internet access in Nairobi,Tanzania and Zanzibar

Mobiles and Internet access in Kenya seem to be as normal. I've had no problems since I got back to Kenya last week. Even when I was away, communication with Kenya was fine.

Stockton Heath...
reviews: 59
2. Re: Mobiles/Internet access in Nairobi,Tanzania and Zanzibar

Asifwe - thanks for your response. What is the situation there like for you at the moment? The news reports are not good that we see. We are thinking of you all and praying the situation will be resolved soon.

nyc
3. Re: Mobiles/Internet access in Nairobi,Tanzania and Zanzibar

Good news doesn't make the TV or papers.

Haven't you noticed we don't see or read anything when there is no rioting!

Bungoma, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 2
4. Re: Mobiles/Internet access in Nairobi,Tanzania and Zanzibar

Kimilili is peaceful! In Church last Sunday, we sang a song which goes "I don't care what tribe you belong to, just as long as for Jesus you stand. If today your heart is as my heart, you're my brother/sister so give me your hand". We are in a Luhya area. Our congregation includes Luhya, Teso, Kikuyu, Luo and others, including intermarried couples whose children consider themselves Kenyans.

People are working well together and are helping the displaced people who are coming to us. yes, there are soem terrible stories, but there are also GOOD ones.

Yesterday on TV, we saw a group of ladies from many tribes laying flowers for peace at Uhuru Park in Nairobi. They were joined by the security guards. I wonder if that hit any International news.

I wish I had time to do a blog, but I don't. Life is going on as usual. We are trying to select the most needy children for secondary school sponsorship, to help the dispalced and to continue our Community Transformation work..... Send me a PM if you want to know more and I'll try to do a short private news update if I can.

west midlands
5. Re: Mobiles/Internet access in Nairobi,Tanzania and Zanzibar

Hi Lovesusa, are you staying in Tanzania ? There are internet cafes in all the towns. They are reasonably cheap and an hour would probably cost you between £1 and £2. The better hotels all have access also, but I have no idea of cost in hotels, as we stay with family in Moshi. If you have any other questions, I will try to answer them or email my sister in Moshi for an answer.

Have a good trip, best wishes,

multi holiday freaks

6. Re: Mobiles/Internet access in Nairobi,Tanzania and Zanzibar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:21 pm, September 15, 2009