We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nairobi to cape town

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ireland
reviews: 6
nairobi to cape town

Hi everyone. Ok, Im just about pulling my hair out right now. Myself and my partner are planning a 6 month trip which includes 2-3 mths in Africa where we want to do a tour from Nairobi to Cape town. I have looked at a lot of the websites that offer this service but am wondering if anyone has been on these tours and give me a recommendation?? Any tips would be gratefully appreciated. thanks a million.

Dee in Ireland

Oslo, Norway
1. Re: nairobi to cape town

You will have a great trip! I drove alone in my car from Nairobi to Cape Town early 2005. I was criss-crossing a lot so it took me 39 days and 9000 km. This is more or less my main route: Nairobi-Arusha-Lushoto-Dar es Salam (Zanzibar)-Mbeya-Lilongwe-Monkey Bay-Blantyre-Tete-Chimoio-Mutare-Vilanculos-Xaixai-Maputo-Nelspruit-Barberton-Mbabane-Newcastle-Pietermaritzburg-Durban-Port Shepstone-East Londo-Port Elisabeth-Knysna-Montagu-Cape Town. Through countries: Kenya-Tanzania-Malawi-Mozambique-Zimbabawe (short time)-Mozambique-South Africa-Swaziland-South Africa. Well, I did it by car, so I don't know much about using public transport. I know, however, that you can do my route by bus. I'm happy to answer some of your questions if I can.

Ireland
2. Re: nairobi to cape town

dee,

what company did you use?

3. Re: nairobi to cape town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, September 17, 2009