We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 hours in Nairobi airport

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 273
7 hours in Nairobi airport

I'm stuck with a 7-hour connection between flying in from Lilongwe (16.25) and out to Heathrow (23.20) in a couple of weeks' time. I don't want to go sightseeing- just need a hotel room that's not too far that means I'd spend most of my time in traffic getting there and back. Any suggestions and good/bad experiences? Lots of people have to spend forever at Nairobi airport!!

Oslo, Norway
1. Re: 7 hours in Nairobi airport

There is something called Panari Centre with a very nice hotel only about 15 minutes in a taxi from Jomo Kenyatta Airport. Don't pay more than 1.000 shs. and agree the price before you enter the car. You don't have to pass through the centre so traffic is no problem. You can even go ice skating there! There's a cinema, a nice bar and a fantastic Brazilian restaurant. For just sleeping I think there is a kind of sleeping facility at the end of the corridor at the airport.

kenya
reviews: 14
2. Re: 7 hours in Nairobi airport

hallo

yes panari would be the best option for you and you have been advised about the amounts and all that.

No traffic jams at all and wide variety of restaurants and activities you can do, plus shopping

3. Re: 7 hours in Nairobi airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, September 16, 2009