We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel through NBO

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Riga
reviews: 8
Travel through NBO

Hello - I'm wondering if anyone has an idea about the safety of connecting on flight through NBO airport in Nairobi in the next couple of weeks, given the recent unrest in Kenya. Clearly the violence in the country has escalated, but we're still having trouble telling whether it is worth it to change our flight plans (at a significant cost). Does anyone have a sense of how far things would have to go before the airport would be jeopardized?

Thanks

plymouth england
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 13
1. Re: Travel through NBO

no problems with the flights dont change anything. all will be be fine

long island, ny
reviews: 20
2. Re: Travel through NBO

I just changed mine...don't want to take any chances. But we are supposed to arrive this week.

Augsburg, Germany
reviews: 5
3. Re: Travel through NBO

Hi,

i think it would be good to wait the next days if it is not so urgent. The situtation can be changing every day and i think it is better to look at facts and not to listen to speculations. We are not there and we don`t know how the situation will get, but we are hoping all the best and we are praying for a good end

Bye

Chrissy

Thousand Oaks...
reviews: 63
4. Re: Travel through NBO

I agree with Kenyafan. I am headed over on the 17th into NBO. Its still too early to tell if there will still be problems going through Nairobi. All my contacts are telling me that things are much better today (Tues Kenya).

You do not say if you are overnighting in Nairobi. That is my main concern right now as the next day I am suppposed to catch a flight out to Arusha. I am looking in to alternatives just in case but will not re-book until the last minute, and then only if I have to.

5. Re: Travel through NBO

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:23 am, September 16, 2009