We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight from Heathrow?

Which Nairobi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 2
Flight from Heathrow?

Hi,

Flying to NBO from Heathrow in late August next year and wanted to see if the price of 449 GBP per ticket (round trip) on Kenya Airways is reasonable?

It's been 449 GBP for several months and just wondering if it's going to drop at all, or of that's pretty much the best it's going to get. Flight leaves on a Friday and returns the following Sunday, and it's direct.

Has anyone seen better prices for that time of year?

Thanks!

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Mombasa, Diani Beach, Kenya
reviews: 15
1. Re: Flight from Heathrow?

Seems reasonable for that time of year.

Dartford, United...
reviews: 27
2. Re: Flight from Heathrow?

Sounds pretty standard. I've looked at the Virgin prices for that time and they're slightly higher, BA are usually around the same price. It's fairly hit and miss with booking at a certain price, whether it goes up or down is a chance you take. I've certainly had both happen to me.

London, United...
reviews: 13
3. Re: Flight from Heathrow?

It depends on the dates - if you're going for a fortnight on the 17th book it - a week later it's £437 with Expedia.co.uk using KQ

dublin
reviews: 5
4. Re: Flight from Heathrow?

It should comedown a little the price for that time of year is around 400 sterling, you should also look up Virgin airways they now fly direct also. BEST OF LUCK

Calgary, Canada
5. Re: Flight from Heathrow?

Just beware of Kenya Airlines......they have a tendency to overbook some flights and there you are left without a flight and stranded somewhere. I talked with two people on a Nairobi to London Heathrow flight with Kenya airlines--his initial flight was overbooked, so therefore he could not get on and they was stranded at the Nairobi airport for another 12 hours.

Might be best for sound mind and no delays due to overbooking to take any slightly higher higher priced airfare.

I personally experience less than high-quality of service on my flights between London and Nairobi with Kenya Airlines. I was constantly asking for something--especially at the meal times. Just not the best service--but not the worst I've experienced either.

Cheers,

Georgina

6. Re: Flight from Heathrow?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, September 14, 2009